possible to have more info at psummary?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

beer

possible to have more info at psummary?

Post by beer »

Hi
At http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html it is possible to see an overview over different project. I am wondering if it will possible to add: "Number of total WU", "assigned WU " and "completed WU" so we mortals folders can fellow the folding progress of each project
alanazar

Re: possible to have more info at psummary?

Post by alanazar »

I second this idea, it would really help us stay motivated by tracking the progress with you
bruce

Post by bruce »

"Number of total WU" and ""assigned WUs" are meaningless numbers.

"Number of trajectories assigned" would be a meaningful piece of information. That's the maximum number of WUs that can be assigned at any one time. Each trajectory starts with a Gen:0 WU which, when successfully returned, creates Gen:(N+1) until sufficient data is obtained. It's rare that anybody knows a maximum Gen number. The project is finished whenever a trajectory has gone far enough to be called "finished"

"Completed WU" would be related to "Number of trajectories" by "Average Current Gen number" except in cases where a WU was reassigned due to the timeout and then completed more than once.

10000 teams of runners start off on a relay race. The race is over a new course that includes a maze of twisty little passages :wink: and none of the runners have competed in this sort of race before. At what time will 9500 of them have finished? (And what happens if more than 500 drop out without completing their segment of the race?)
MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Post by MtM »

How about not removing finished projects, but making viewing them optional ( eg not the default option )? That would be inspirational as seeing things which have been done motivate towards the future, certainly if it was possible to see the projects with links to any research paper based on ( partly? ) that project's result! I would like that, it's a lot easier then going through the results page and finding links to projects :)
beer

Post by beer »

#bruce
tanks for the info.
As far as I read you post it is impossible to estimate how far a project is, whitch make 1 of thear idear pointless. I still think "Completed WU" (those who are valid) could be shown. Then I can see how large my contribution is to a whole project

#MtM
I like you idear that proejct and research paper are linked totheter
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

AFAIK the only project that is fully downloadable from start to finish is the record-breaking one that was simulated for 1.5 milliseconds. Completed WUs is a good idea I think, that's a very flexible number and shouldn't be too difficult to implement. The server would simply increment that projects number whenever a WU was properly completed.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.