Team concept

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

theking2

Team concept

Post by theking2 »

HI, I'm new here so bare with me

I'm trying to get my head around this "team" concept. I have about three computers two at home and one at work I use for heating during winter time to I love to hook them all up to FAH so the CPU GPU heat goes somewhere useful and heat my home at the same time.( I've been doing so with SaH forever.)

I've created one account that is used by all three. Than I created a team and indvertedly confused teamname and account name (or ID) so user theking2 generated for team thekings and king.ma. The later was the inteded team name. How do I move the points from team with team name theking2 to team with team name king.ma? I have the passkey and that somehow is the key to do this isn't it?

Help a newbee plaese
BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Re: Team concept

Post by BobWilliams757 »

As far as I know you can't move points. The points that contribute to a team stay with that team. They are still credited to the overall score of any particular user name, so your points will still show totals, but also show points contributed to each team.
Fold them if you get them!
theking2

Post by theking2 »

Ah ok. So why are there teams?
BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Post by BobWilliams757 »

Someone who has been around longer might know the original idea behind the teams, I'm not really well informed on it.

But it's a way to form groups of folders for various reasons. To show support, compete, maybe a family or company, etc and show how many people are involved in that particular group that forms a team. As an example, you could encourage family, friends, coworkers, etc to join your team and fold and it displays that entire effort. You can give your team number to anyone you want, and they can fold for the team you created.

Some teams do challenges or other types of events to try to get people to fold and/or compete with the intention of greater contribution, or sometimes just for fun.
Fold them if you get them!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

theking2 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:55 pm Ah ok. So why are there teams?
You asked why this after finding out you could not move points from one team to another. BobWilliams757 gave a good answer to the why of teams, they basically give groups a chance to contribute together towards F@h. Some have benefits for members, others are just social groupings. For example the team I fold under was created nearly 20 years ago in connection to a Mac forum I participated on. The company that had that forum changed its organization, many of the participants moved to a forum sponsored by another company. That included the folding team founder, the name of the team was changed to reflect that move. Some of the same people are still folding.

As to the why of not moving points, that was a decision made by the researchers running F@h over 20 years ago. Points once recorded for a specific user, team, and later passkey when that was added remain under the same. Th points still belong to you, but you can't take them to a new team. Just like in sports, a player who changes teams still has the same record of point or goals, but those scored for Team A don't move to Team B.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3