GPUs Info

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Xorxos

GPUs Info

Post by Xorxos »

Hello,

It looks like, the computing works, but, there is an error with gpu info.

I have these 3. I think Arc computes, but it shows that AMD done this.

How to show proper hardware?

https://pasteboard.co/I8HLbWbWS0rV.png

https://pasteboard.co/481D0zSWNZgB.png
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: GPUs Info

Post by Joe_H »

The GPU info is probably correct, the Arc 770 is not enabled to do folding currently as it does not support double precision in hardware. Intel provides emulated DP calculations through its driver, but tests have shown that does not work properly with the current GPU folding core.

It looks like you are using Task Manager to see GPU utilization. By default that displays video rendering, not the calculation processing. You would need to change to one of the optional Compute modes to show F@H utilization of the AMD GPU. Or use something like GPU-Z which will directly show that.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

There's nothing wrong here ... the client seen the the Vega M GPU and the Intel HD 630 integrated in your CPU since they are both capable to fold. Although the Intel iGPUs are too slow for most work, which mean why it doesn't get work.

The Intel dedicated GPUs (Arc) are no capable of folding, so no one ever bother entering them in the GPUs.txt file, which explain why it doesn't appear in the client.

Please post soe logs if we didn't answer your question : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26036

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

toTOW wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:45 pm The Intel dedicated GPUs (Arc) are no capable of folding, so no one ever bother entering them in the GPUs.txt file, which explain why it doesn't appear in the client.
It doesn't appear in the web control, but there actually is an entry in GPUs.txt to blacklist the Arc A770:

Code: Select all

0x8086:0x56a0:::DG2 [Arc A770]
No numbers between the colons in the middle of the entry indicate a blacklisted GPU.