Donor ID/hexadecimal/username mix-up?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

0x0008679

Donor ID/hexadecimal/username mix-up?

Post by 0x0008679 »

Advanced Control will send me to the right stats page when I click my username, the address will contain my Donor ID.

While the Web Control will parse my username as my Donor ID, thinking it's hexadecimal (!? just an assumption my part, I have no idea how any of this works). In this case, it will display the stats of another user, named "croc" with the Donor ID 34425. 34425 converted to hex equals 8679, that is, the page address ending in 34425 or 0x0008679 will display the same stats.

So what's with the difference in behavior? Bug? Feature?
aetch

Re: Donor ID/hexadecimal/username mix-up?

Post by aetch »

The advanced control panel is using your folding username.
The new stats website is expecting your donor ID, which should be a number.
For the vast majority of us this is a broken link. I personally use a custom link to get the correct page.

As to your folding username itself, you are flagging it as a hexadecimal number by starting it with "0x".
I think you're right about the stats website misreading your username as an ID number.
Maybe someone further up the chain can confirm this.

In the meantime, I think this might be the link you want -> https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/66650969
Folding Rigs - None (25-Jun-2022)

ImageImage
0x0008679

Re: Donor ID/hexadecimal/username mix-up?

Post by 0x0008679 »

Yep, that's the link Advanced Control will open up on my browser.

Since the Web Control seemingly seems fine, username/team/passkey wise, I just found it weird that the "See stats" doesn't. This also coincided with me changing hardware, but keeping the same OS drive between the old and new system, thought I had borked something.