Only one GPU folding at a time

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though NVidia has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

tizzle06

Only one GPU folding at a time

Post by tizzle06 »

Hello!

I've been folding with 2 GPUs for awhile now (GeForce 1060 6GB and GeForce 660). However, the computer started glitching so I did a factory reset. Now when I try to have both folding at one time, one of the graphics card slots says "disabled". I took the 1060 out and the 660 worked fine by itself, then put the 1060 back in and removed the 660 and that also worked fine by itself. I am on Windows 10. I was wondering what the solution to this would be? I've tried installing relevant graphics drivers from NVIDIAS website for both, as well as downloading the GeForce experience and letting that auto download the drivers. The device manager on the 660 says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31) The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the driver are incorrect." However, the device manager says everything is working properly for the 1060.

Thanks!
JimboPalmer

Re: Only one GPU folding at a time

Post by JimboPalmer »

The GTX 660 is a decade old and no longer supported by Nvidia.
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/g ... x-660.c895

This is the latest driver that supports the 660

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/186165/
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
tizzle06

Post by tizzle06 »

Yeah it still works when only the 660 is plugged in and folding. But when they are both plugged in, only the 1060 folds and the 660 says it’s disabled
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

The main problem here is that GTX 660 isn't supported by latest drivers ... so if you want to continue using both, you'll have to stick with the latest drivers that supports both GPUs ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

You could give us more clues by posting the configuration portion of your log, usually in the first 200 lines.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26036
Tsar of all the Rushers
tizzle06

Post by tizzle06 »

I was actually able to figure it out. I uninstalled the 1060 and 660 drivers as well the GeForce experience and reinstalled the individual drivers manually and that worked.
Thanks for the suggestions!
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

Thank you for letting us know the resolution! Too often we have no idea if our advice was useful at all.
Tsar of all the Rushers