Line graph too see daily total FLOPS

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

kenny90

Line graph too see daily total FLOPS

Post by kenny90 »

I started folding 2 months ago and couple of days per week I like to check how many FLOPS are. https://stats.foldingathome.org/os

It would be interesting to be able to see on a line graph how is changing every day and compared with the last week, month, year or since Covid started to be important.

I´ve noticed in the last 4 days that the system has gone down 0,1 ExaFLOPS and I was wondering why. With a line graph it would be easier to see and it´s very easy to implement on the website.
TPL

Re: Line graph too see daily total FLOPS

Post by TPL »

People have unrealistic expectations. Then, they get excited of something new and participate. They get frustrated when face first difficulties or realise it was not one night solution for the problem. Usual, not a reason to be disappointed.

There is one good article which I would like you all to see.

SARS-CoV-2 structure and genome

Genome is relatively small but this shows quite good how complex it still is. So there certainly will not be any overnight solution.

I'm here to help what I can and will stay here when "this" is finally over. I just didn't know this before corona. Best thing in this is F@H have had a lot of awereness of it.
Jonazz

Post by Jonazz »

The highest amount of flops I've seen on the stats page was a bit above 2.6 exaflops. So we seem to have passed the peak, but still way higher than before the Corona crisis.
JimboPalmer

Post by JimboPalmer »

There are various ways to count volunteers, (how many downloaded the software, how many have returned a Work Unit in the last week, etc.) but the graph I watch peaked at 180,000 volunteers who had returned at least one WU in the last week, now it is at 115,000. (Before March 11 it was 18,000)

F@H makes a better hobby for your PC than for you. So some have and will get bored.
F@H is extremely technical, so some will get frustrated.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com ... ary.php?s=
and choose users active. (I prefer volunteers, as a description)
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends