"finish current job then stop" not working

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Archimedean

"finish current job then stop" not working

Post by Archimedean »

installed recently, have completed a few jobs, but when i try to tell it to finish the current job then stop (so as to let other people take over jobs when my computer is inactive, rather than leave the job uncompleted) nothing happens.

advice in other forums is to use the desktop client rather than the online, but i've been unable to find any installer for a non-online version and am unsure if installing both would work anyway, as i don't know how to uninstall the webpage based client
bruce

Re: "finish current job then stop" not working

Post by bruce »

Windows? Linux? MacOS?

The installation package that you probably used automatically starts the WebControl program when it start folding. That can be closed and FAHClient can continue running in the background (unless you log out and somebody else logs on ot the computer enters sleep/hibernation).

That same installation probably included FAHControl which is a more powerful version of a Control program than WebControl. You're welcome to use either one. The "finish current job then stop" should be identical to the FINISH function in FAHControl.

I do know that the FINISH function works in FAHControl, but the WU will still continue processing until it's actually finished and the results are uploaded, which may take a long time. FINISH does nothing quickly, but PAUSE does.

Those two funcions are supposed to be available in WebControl. If he FINISH function works from WebControl, it's still going to take a long time. Note the ETA that is displayed.

During the beta testing of the most recent client, I did test the functions in WebControl and I did report a problem. I have not retested it yet so I do not personally know the answer to your question regarding WebControl.
Archimedean

Re: "finish current job then stop" not working

Post by Archimedean »

Thanks bruce, FAH controll looks like it'll work

and it's probably not relevant any more, but windows client