I want to do more help

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Marginauto
Hardware configuration: Asus Eebox

I want to do more help

Post by Marginauto »

Hi,

as so many others I came (back) to FAH due to actual corona crisis. I blew off the dust from some unused hardware and it's folding 24/7 since the last days.

But I asked myself what other ways are to volunteer and to help the FAH and especially the fight against Corona.
Here's the few things I found:
  • Donate money. Under way (as far as I can afford)
  • Reporting bugs. If you find any, which are not reported yet.
  • Apply as developer (I'm not that technically skilled that I dare to, even if i have some programming experience)
What other things are there one can do to help?

Greetings
PantherX
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: V7.6.21 -> Multi-purpose 24/7
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU:2/3/4/6 -> Intel i7-6700K
GPU:1 -> Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
§
Retired:
2x Nvidia GTX 1070
Nvidia GTX 675M
Nvidia GTX 660 Ti
Nvidia GTX 650 SC
Nvidia GTX 260 896 MB SOC
Nvidia 9600GT 1 GB OC
Nvidia 9500M GS
Nvidia 8800GTS 320 MB

Intel Core i7-860
Intel Core i7-3840QM
Intel i3-3240
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300
Intel Pentium E5500
Intel Pentium E5400

Re: I want to do more help

Post by PantherX »

Welcome to the F@H Forum Marginauto,

Depending on your skill set, you can continue to the F@H Community in few different ways:
Forum - You can help members here by answering questions or pointing them to the right topics.
Discord - You can join there and help out when possible.
Team - If you have your own team, you can try to advertise and get more donors to join your team (this is to be done at your team's forum. The official Forum is team agnostic).
Feedback - If you spot mistakes, issues or have ideas, send the post author feedback or create a Topic or send one of the Moderators a PM.
Beta - If you're technical/observant in nature, you can join the Beta team once you qualify for it.
ETA:
Now ↞ Very Soon ↔ Soon ↔ Soon-ish ↔ Not Soon ↠ End Of Time

Welcome To The F@H Support Forum Ӂ Troubleshooting Bad WUs Ӂ Troubleshooting Server Connectivity Issues
Jonazz

Post by Jonazz »

If you want to help against the Coronavirus, Foldit might be for you. It's not related to Folding@Home but also seems very interesting.
Marginauto
Hardware configuration: Asus Eebox

Post by Marginauto »

Hi,

thanks for your suggestions. I'll see what I can do in the forum here. I already applied as beta tester and I'll have a look on Foldit.
PantherX wrote: ...
you can try to advertise and get more donors to join your team
Is it top priority at the moment to recruit more people to F@H? I had the impression that the mass of volunteers is to much for the technical infrastructure and also for the line of waiting scientific problems. Wouldn't it be also a point to - *erm* - flatten the curve and make sure that most of the current volunteers are still here and active in about 1-2 months when the first enthusiasm has calmed down and the first electricity bills have arrived?

Greetings
TPL

Post by TPL »

Someone said(not in this topic) new registrations should stop cause of this rush to fold for those that are here only for COVID-19. I must admit I'm here only because of it but the reason is this is the first time I ever heard of FAH because of COVID pandemia. This became public.

Of course some will stop when this recent situation is over but if I was told about this earlier, I would of been here folding before. People come and go. Thats always like it.

Cheers
iceman1992

Post by iceman1992 »

TPL wrote:if I was told about this earlier, I would of been here folding before.
That's what I'm hoping for, that some people are here because of covid, but not only because of it, and will feel that making progress on other diseases are worth folding on.

The F@H dev chat might be an interesting watch, they discussed future plans and more ways we can contribute => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad_TEiByZUQ