Online EULA link

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

wuffy68
Hardware configuration: 1x nVidia 1080Ti, 1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060, 1x nVidia 750Ti, AMD Radeon R7 M460

Online EULA link

Post by wuffy68 »

Hi - is there an updated online EULA page ... the one I found is broken:

https://foldingathome.org/English/License

This is linked from: https://foldingathome.org/2008/12/12/up ... -the-eula/

Thx...
1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060 3g,
1x nVidia 970, 2x nVidia 960,
1x nVidia 555, 1x AMD R7, 2x AMD 295,
6x i5 CPU-only rigs
anandhanju

Re: Online EULA link

Post by anandhanju »

Not sure if there's an online version of the EULA anymore. Here's the text from the License.txt file in my Folding@home installation.
------------------------ Folding@home Software License ------------------------
Copyright 2001-2018. FoldingAtHome.org. All Rights Reserved.

License Agreement:

Please carefully read the following terms and conditions before using this software. Use of this software indicates acceptance of this license agreement and disclaimer of all warranties.

Disclaimer of Warranty:

IN NO EVENT SHALL FOLDINGATHOME.ORG BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE AND ITS DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF FOLDINGATHOME.ORG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

FOLDINGATHOME.ORG SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE SOFTWARE AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED HEREUNDER IS PROVIDED "AS IS". Folding@home HAS NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.

Restrictions:

You may use this software on a computer system only if you own the system or have the written permission of the owner.

You may not alter the software or associated data files.

You may only use unmodified versions of Folding@home obtained through authorized distributors to connect to the Folding@home servers. Use of other software to connect to the Folding@home servers is strictly prohibited. This prohibition includes 3rd party installers which download directly from foldingathome.org web sites, unless written permission is granted from foldingathome.org.

Distribution of this software is prohibited. It may only be obtained by downloading from foldingathome.org (https://foldingathome.org and pages linked therein) or the web site of one of our commercial partners (NVIDIA and AMD).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wuffy68
Hardware configuration: 1x nVidia 1080Ti, 1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060, 1x nVidia 750Ti, AMD Radeon R7 M460

Re: Online EULA link

Post by wuffy68 »

Thank you ... I know you folks are very busy right now, so I appreciate this. I was hoping there was a page I could share with prospective team members to give them full transparency before they decide to click on the download link. I'll send them to your post link for the time being.
1x nVidia 1070, 1x nVidia 1060 3g,
1x nVidia 970, 2x nVidia 960,
1x nVidia 555, 1x AMD R7, 2x AMD 295,
6x i5 CPU-only rigs