Large wu 16410 vs Core2Duo Laptop - Abort??

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

peterjammo

Re: Large wu 16410 vs Core2Duo Laptop - Abort??

Post by peterjammo »

Apologies to both. Since I think the chances of my low spec 2008 Laptop folding one wu for nearly 3 days without a problem, I'm planning to swap hdd's to put the monster wu in my better spec one to give it best chance of completing.
peterjammo

Re: Large wu 16410 vs Core2Duo Laptop - Abort??

Post by peterjammo »

Just in case anyone with a slow folder is interested, I swapped HDD's to put the monster wu on my fastest (still a C2D) machine. It successfully completed 2 days later, unfortunately just under 2rs past Timeout. If I'd swapped immediately instead of waiting 1/2 day for the faster machine to complete it's wu I may have made timeout. Now I know that HDD swaps between my similar Mint 18/19 laptops can be done safely with a part completed wu I'm checking each as they load with the idea that any which won't make timeout get swapped to the faster machine. Even my slowest machine usually manages well ahead of Timeout at the moment, so hopefully it will be rare.

There does seem to be large variability in Timeout allowed for wu which take similar times to complete on my similar machines, some with days to spare, some only minutes, and an occasional one like the two monster ones I've had, not possible on most of my machines.