Question about command "--send-pause"

FAH provides a V7 client installer for Debian / Mint / Ubuntu / RedHat / CentOS / Fedora. Installation on other distros may or may not be easy but if you can offer help to others, they would appreciate it.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

yousfar

Question about command "--send-pause"

Post by yousfar »

Hello.

I am trying to find a way of pausing an already running client by entering --send-pause on another terminal window. I have not been able to achieve it so far. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.
bruce

Re: Question about command "--send-pause"

Post by bruce »

It worked for me by opening the Windows "Dos Box" (aka "text window" or "command window")

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\bruce>FAHClient --send-pause
23:31:08:Connecting to 127.0.0.1:36330

C:\Users\bruce>
All slots are now paused.
yousfar

Post by yousfar »

Thank you bruce.

I enter the same command and receive the same result from the terminal, however the folding continues (the command has no effect on the folding in my case). I am running foldingathome-noroot 7.5.1-3 on Manjaro Linux.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Well, all my slots paused. Can you connect to the active FAHClient through port 36330? Maybe it is a security issue?
John_D

Post by John_D »

was what did not pause working on a WU?? --send-pause seems to me to force a send when done and then a pause once sending is finished. It is like telling the web control to fold only when the machine is idle and then doing other things. To fix that I tell web control to fold while I am working using medium power, and then it happily resumes folding.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

Tried the following on one of my linux rigs and it did indeed pause folding on that system.

Code: Select all

bollix@Atlantis:~$ FAHClient --send-pause
23:00:02:Connecting to 127.0.0.1:36330
The command has nothing to do with sending a WU & then pausing. All it does is send a pause to the client. If you want to fold a WU, send & then pause you use the --send-finish option.

If you installed the client using root then try running the command as root. Just a wild guess. :ewink:
yousfar

Post by yousfar »

I figured it out. The command I was looking for is specific to the package I have installed (foldingathome-noroot) and the --send-pause command doesn't work. Instead "systemctl stop foldingathome" shuts down the client. Thank you all. Topic closed.