Failed to get assignment: Empty work server assignment [UNI]

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

drink_grog

Failed to get assignment: Empty work server assignment [UNI]

Post by drink_grog »

Cheers everyone,

I'm getting this error since after I upgraded my client to the 7th version(7.2.9):

Code: Select all

17:09:57:WU00:FS00:Connecting to assign4.stanford.edu:80
17:09:58:WU00:FS00:News: Welcome to Folding@Home
17:09:58:WARNING:WU00:FS00:Failed to get assignment from 'assign4.stanford.edu:80': Empty work server assignment
17:09:58:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment
I'm using it in the Uniprocessor mode, and I read that it could be that there's little work left for my rig. Can I keep it working without having to set multiple cores and/or GPU computation?

Thank you,

best regards
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: Failed to get assignment: Empty work server assignment

Post by Joe_H »

This is an issue that has been brought up in a couple of other topics, and PG is looking into the cause. See Dr. Pande's post from one of those topics. Since he mentioned that several project managers did add work suitable for uniprocessors, it sounds like an issue they have to correct on the assignment servers. Depending on what the problem is, that could be soon or take a while to fix. But eventually you should start getting assignments. If you do have the capability of temporarily running a SMP slot or GPU, that would be a short term solution.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
drink_grog

Re: Failed to get assignment: Empty work server assignment

Post by drink_grog »

Thank you very much, I guess I'll just have to wait until that issue is fixed then.

Have a nice day