need to contact member of team

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

melephant

need to contact member of team

Post by melephant »

I have a used GTX 480 I would like to give to a devoted team member who folds dutifully (for at least the last 8 years), but doesn't get many points at all (probably a uniprocessor only). How can I contact him?
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Re: need to contact member of team

Post by 7im »

Unless they are a member here, or on your team forum, where you could use the Private Message function, there is no other way to contact them. The project does not give out personal information nor to they provide user lookup option as they have a very strict privacy policy.

Post a thread in your team forum with that user name in the title. They might see that and respond.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
bruce

Post by bruce »

[Humor mode on] I'm a devoted team member who folds dutifully[humor mode off]
(just not for your team). ;)

Seriously, though, this forum has a policy to be completely team-neutral so I'm editing your post to remove the team number from your post. Anybody who knows you or who is on your team can figure out how to contact you -- and finding your team number will be easy for anybody who cares.

Even as one of the forum Admin's here at foldingforum.org, I sometimes wish there were a way to contact somebody who is not active on this forum. One of my best options is to go to their team's forum if I know it (though it still be insufficient).
melephant

Post by melephant »

Bruce if you want the card and promise to fold 24/7 with it, I will ship it to you free. You are authorized to contact me anyway you want. Feel free to send a personal email or any other method you can to give me your address. Your info will be deleted from my computer after I address the package. If you know somebody like I described in my forum statement who would like it, have them contact me. I don't want it going to waste. By the way my two GTX 670's aren't much better than my 480. Is that normal? Should I be troubleshooting. The 480 gift has a lifetime Evga warranty and I will mail the receipt in case Evga ever wants to see it. It is registered with Evga's warranty dept.. I don't know of any team forum for my team.
bruce

Post by bruce »

It depends on what you call "better."

From all the reports I've seen, the 6xx series is about the same speed as the 4xx series but uses significantly less power. That's better if you're the one that pays the electric bill.
Meh_Lay_Lay

Post by Meh_Lay_Lay »

lol, I'd be happy to know if you could give that 480 to that nice member on your team.
Btw, are there a lot of peope on your team? If not, use your folding name as a message so hopefully that member can see and read lol. Like make your username "contact me @ xxxxxxxx for 480"