Core Download Error, Waiting before retry

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

capjoel

Core Download Error, Waiting before retry

Post by capjoel »

Hi I have just downloaded the F@H Windows 6.23 client and I keep getting the Core Download Error, Waiting before retry error, What does this mean? How do I fix it?

Thanks

Also if I can get it working what else should I do to ensure maximum effectiveness?
HendricksSA

Re: Core Download Error, Waiting before retry

Post by HendricksSA »

Capjoel, welcome to the Fold. I don't know which version of the client (tray or console) you are running so my advice is pretty generic. The best way for us to help you solve problems is to examine your log file. Here is what I suggest you do to get started. Stop your client and add the -verbosity 9 flag if you are not already using it. This makes the client add additional info to the log and helps us troubleshoot. Then restart your client and let it run for a while (finish a work unit or perhaps an hour). Then come back here, open the full editor and press the "Code" button. Copy and paste your entire fahlog.txt file in between the two code tags. We will take a look and help you out. Looking forward to your next post.
capjoel

Post by capjoel »

The one I downloaded from the official stanford site,

What is the Verbosity 9 flag? When I click log it says it cannot find the FAHlog.txt files and asks me if I would like to create a new one and shows me a black notepad file.
HendricksSA

Post by HendricksSA »

The install guides for the clients will show you where and how to add the -verbosity 9 flag. The system tray version leaves a small icon in the system tray. Since you said "click log" I suspect you are running the system tray version. Enter the flag in the additional client parameters field.

If the client cannot find the log file, it usually means a file location or permissions problem. The guide should help you with this. Check it out and review your install. Find this guide at: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinUNIGuide
Baowoulf
Hardware configuration: Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, 512MB DDR Ram, 128MB Radeon 9800, Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Pro

Post by Baowoulf »

Do you have any type of Internet Security with a firewall running? I had to disable NIS to get core downloads and sometimes to get a new WU because it's an old version. If it turns out to be blocking stuff because of that you may have to allow F@H through your firewall.