What happened?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

qartal

What happened?

Post by qartal »

Hi
I finished 5, 250/250 wu that each had 69 point & my 6th wu was 2000/2000 that had 194 point i finished it too and now i have 10 wu finished all 9 of them that were 69 point are calculate but my 6th wu point is not calculate yet
why?
what's problem?
ty
bruce

Re: What happened?

Post by bruce »

Welcome to foldingforum.org, qartal.

Each assigned WU is identified by four numbers, Project/Run/Clone/Gen. that information can be found in FAHlog.txt (or, if it got bigger than 50K in FAHlog-Prev.txt). To be able to trace the missing WU, a Mod needs those four numbers.

As a general rule, it's helpful if you post the segment of FAHlog.txt covering the problem you're reporting. It's often also useful to know which client you installed and a little about your hardware but that's probably not necessary in this case.
qartal

Post by qartal »

TY
finally i found that 4 numbers.
project 10424
run 4218
clone 0
gen 22
now can u find the problem?
and i have an other question , i had WU (project 10200) that i cant find it between project and when i found this project i see that it's inactive and it had 100 points, however i finished it and it gave me 69 point instead of 100 point, i wanna know about it if u can do plz.
Ty for ur help
bruce

Post by bruce »

Projects come and go. There's usually a post saying that a new project is being released but not always. When a project is finished (or if it's withdrawn for some reason) there's rarely an announcement. When a project ends, the server stops assigning new work long enough before it actually ends for all the active assignments to be returned.

Projects also come and go temporarily when there's a problem with a server or when all the WUs for that project are being processed by someone and have not yet been returned (which is also why WUs expire).

Project 10200 was not worth either 100 or 69, but was worth 493 points. You might have earned 69 points if you had an error after completing 14% of it, but without FAHlog, we'll never know. There's nothing you can do about it other to report a possible bug so when perhaps it can be corrected in the future. Once a WU is submitted the Pande Group policy is to never adjusts the points.

You did receive zero points for this WU. Did you have an error? We'll need to see FAHlog for it to tell exactly what happened. (Somebody else did complete it successfully.)
Hi qartal (team 143016),
Your WU (P10424 R4218 C0 G22) was added to the stats database on 2011-01-24 11:05:02 for 0 points of credit.