Reccommended music

Please confine these topics to things that would be of general interest to those who are interested in FAH which don't fall into any other category.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Epoxy

Reccommended music

Post by Epoxy »

As I updated the F@H client yesterday (December 21st), my client started to play music, that's awesome and all. But what's even more awesome is the actual music that was playing, some kind of piano music. Does anyone know the title of the song, or is there a list somewhere of the music that plays on "recommended music" mode? Today is a FFX music, for some reason (it might not be from the game, but the first few notes are EXACTLY the same). Anyways, thanks!
Epoxy

Re: Reccommended music

Post by Epoxy »

For some reason, F@H went back to playing the other song (the one I wanted), so I didn't miss the opportunity to record it (using my TV line out and my laptop's line in). If someone could tell me the title that would be awesome. And, does anyone know if this song is copyright free, so I could post it?
sneakers55

Post by sneakers55 »

Epoxy wrote:For some reason, F@H went back to playing the other song (the one I wanted), so I didn't miss the opportunity to record it (using my TV line out and my laptop's line in). If someone could tell me the title that would be awesome.
The songs that F@H plays are in the MUSIC collection on the PS3 hard drive.
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 GHz)
Intel C2D 6400 (2.13 GHz)
Intel C2D T7800 (2.6 GHz)
PS3
Epoxy

Post by Epoxy »

sneakers55 wrote:
Epoxy wrote:For some reason, F@H went back to playing the other song (the one I wanted), so I didn't miss the opportunity to record it (using my TV line out and my laptop's line in). If someone could tell me the title that would be awesome.
The songs that F@H plays are in the MUSIC collection on the PS3 hard drive.
I don't have any mp3s on my HDD. To prove this, any other choice other than "Recommended music" is grayed.
v00d00
Hardware configuration: FX8320e (6 cores enabled) @ stock,
- 16GB DDR3,
- Zotac GTX 1050Ti @ Stock.
- Gigabyte GTX 970 @ Stock
Debian 9.

Running GPU since it came out, CPU since client version 3.
Folding since Folding began (~2000) and ran Genome@Home for a while too.
Ran Seti@Home prior to that.

Post by v00d00 »

Haha, I thought you were tripping for a second.

I didnt know the PS3 client played music.

Had thoughts of an SMP client playing music, not that it wouldnt be hard, but a nice stable client would be brilliant first, before Pandegroup start adding in any extras. :mrgreen:
gwildperson

Post by gwildperson »

v00d00 wrote:I didnt know the PS3 client played music. :mrgreen:
It's a feature of the new version of FAH that was requested at the forums at folding-community.org. When the PS3 is folding, there's very little RAM left for any background (or would it be foreground?) processing and only Sony can add something as a feature.
Juasmas

Post by Juasmas »

Please, i want to know the "Recommended" Music List that F@H put of background music.