Suggestion:Work history tab, locally stored

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Zypher0A0Steampunk

Suggestion:Work history tab, locally stored

Post by Zypher0A0Steampunk »

So skimming the forums from what I can tell there used to be a work history system that had allot of problems because it was server side and the requests slowed things down/cost resources. So now the only real way to get work history is by using 3rd party applications and services.

This makes tracking down problematic work orders and trying to watch for trends a real hassle. I personally think it would be very useful to the end users if the client stored work history locally and had a tab in the web console to look at it. It would not take allot of space as all it needs is a bit of text: Project numbers, time to complete, point gain, and gpu/cpu. Just for basics. If feeling fancy it could also have a flag for orders that had issues/failures. It would also not cost anything since the data is local on the clients computer.

So far the new client seems to run well, has few issues. Though it tends to put CPU jobs on the E (efficiency) cores on my CPU which are considerably slower and I have had to use 3rd party apps like Process Lasso to force them to run on all cores. I believe there is a variable that can tell the computer not to use efficiency cores that can be added to processes.
Even a toggle switch on the web console for it would be very useful. I tend to use the Ecores if I am using my computer for other heavy things while folding, and let it run full blast when I am just streaming or doing something minor like an art commission.

Thanks.
toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: Suggestion:Work history tab, locally stored

Post by toTOW »

With v7 clients, we use HFM to track work units : viewtopic.php?t=9903

You're welcome to open en enhancement ticket here to get it included in v8 client : https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-cl ... tet/issues

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.