v8.3.5 Problem Logging In

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

SAK917

v8.3.5 Problem Logging In

Post by SAK917 »

A few days ago I upgraded to client v8.3.5 on my primary FAH system and just now realized that since the upgrade I have not been logged in and have been folding anonymously. I tried to log in, but it is asking for an email address and passphrase. There are only three possible email addresses I may have used and none of the three work, returning the error dialog "Signing in failed: Login not found". I was able to log in as me on this forum to post this question, so I am pretty sure I still exist :wink:

Is there anything I need to do to reset or otherwise get my client logged back in so I can receive credit for my WUs?

Thanks
calxalot
Site Moderator

Re: v8.3.5 Problem Logging In

Post by calxalot »

You need to first register (create) an account using the login dialog.

The account you create is completely separate from this forum or any other folding-related account you may have.
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

Login is optional.

Your user/team/passkey/cause should have been picked up from your old install.

Click the gear icon to configure your client.
SAK917

Post by SAK917 »

It has been so long since I last setup the client that I had completely forgotten that information is part of the client configuration and when I saw the Login button on the Folding@Home Client web interface, I thought that is what I needed to do. Not sure why upgrading lost my user/team/passkey information but it is all good now.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.