connecting to a 'rogue' FAHcore?

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

miczac

connecting to a 'rogue' FAHcore?

Post by miczac »

Hello, I'm not exactly 'new' to FAH but this is my first post.
I've only little experience with Windows systems, so I may be overlooking something:

So far the computer in question has been successfully working through a couple of WUs with a manually started FAHClient (i.e. running on the console window).
Via a remote FAHControl session I put the client in "finishing" mode in preparation of rebooting the machine.
Now while being paused, I accidentally clicked on the "Webcontrol" Icon, which - according to "Properties" - starts FAHClient with the web-option.
Despite the then loaded Web-Control page in the browser showing a paused client (as intended) the computer launched an FAHCore and started churning away.
This I only could tell because the fans spooled up and then looking at the process list in Taskmanager.
Of course I could ditch this WU (which I politely don't prefer) and just kill this core process.

FAHControl and connecting via a CLI (which is pretty much doing the same thing from the client's POV) only connect to the paused client which still sits in the console session waiting for WUs.

How can I connect to this FAHCore to command it to "finish" the current WU?

Thanks, Michael.
Last edited by miczac on Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
calxalot
Site Moderator

Re: connecting to a 'rogue' FAHcore?

Post by calxalot »

Quit both and restart just the one you want to control. They are both trying to use the same command port and web control port.
miczac

Re: connecting to a 'rogue' FAHcore?

Post by miczac »

Thanks for replying!
It seems it was enough to just terminate the paused client in the console window.
FAHControl immediately connected to the remaining background client.
This I could send a "finish" command.
m.