EXTREMEHW Invites Folding Forum to First Annual 96-hour Folding Challenge, March 17th

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

l_gel

EXTREMEHW Invites Folding Forum to First Annual 96-hour Folding Challenge, March 17th

Post by l_gel »

Hello Fellow Folders,

If anyone would like to come fold with us for four days, we have some sponsored prizes to give away from Corsair, Cooler Master, and be quiet. I think as it stands right now we have more prizes than people registered so far, so very likely you can win something just for participating. Please help us make this successful so we can do this every year.

Register for the contest and read the rules here:

https://extremehw.net/topic/2662-extrem ... h-0000-utc

Thanks for looking. Have a great day and keep on folding!

Luke Gelsinger
EXTREMEHW Folding Team Lead

P.S. Admins or Mods move this thread as necessary. I wasn't quite sure where to post it :)
AZBrandon

Re: EXTREMEHW Invites Folding Forum to First Annual 96-hour Folding Challenge, March 17th

Post by AZBrandon »

Last edited by AZBrandon on Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Re: EXTREMEHW Invites Folding Forum to First Annual 96-hour Folding Challenge, March 17th

Post by BobWilliams757 »

Looks like some good prizes for the folders.

I'm right on the cusp of 5 work units per day, so not sure if I will participate, but just food for thought on the issue. I understand that folders with higher end gear will generate more points for your team, so no grudge there.
Fold them if you get them!
l_gel

Post by l_gel »

BobWilliams757 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:15 pm Looks like some good prizes for the folders.

I'm right on the cusp of 5 work units per day, so not sure if I will participate, but just food for thought on the issue. I understand that folders with higher end gear will generate more points for your team, so no grudge there.
Throw more machines at it :) During contests like this, we allow you to use whatever means necessary to crunch out your WUs. If that means you need to rent some cloud GPUs, so be it. Remember, this is really a charitable event folding for the cause/cure. We worked hard getting some sponsored prizes as a means of giving thanks for your own generosity of folding on your machines.
l_gel

Post by l_gel »

Bump. 3 days to go. Get your machines ready. Don't forget you need to register at EHW. Mind the start time as it is UTC time zone.

Hope to see some of you there :)
l_gel

Post by l_gel »

Ok I got the prize info from EVGA Jacob.

TEN X20 Mice
TEN Z20 Keyboards

We have had a major influx of contestants this week, but we could still have leftover prizes, thus we have had to implement a slight rules change to make the contest even easier.

We have lowered the requirement for the random prize draw to 10 Work Units.

In the event that we have prizes leftover, we will hold a second round of random prize giveaways for those that completed 20 Work Units.

I'm working on getting this info into the official thread, updating our banners, and all that today.

Thank you Jacob and EVGA for generously giving back to the folding community.
l_gel

Post by l_gel »

Just under 8 hours to go until contest starts. Lot's of last minute registrants. Keep 'em coming!