scripted Silent uninstall

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

mveras1972

scripted Silent uninstall

Post by mveras1972 »

Is there a silent uninstall option for FAH Client? I am trying to create an automated script to push it to a group of machines where we want to uninstall the client silently. Please advise. Thanks!
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: scripted Silent uninstall

Post by Joe_H »

Not that I am aware of. The package for all three OSs include an uninstaller, but as privileges are required to install they are also required to uninstall.

My assumption is that you are following the F@h terms of use which include only installing on machines you own or have permission to use the folding client on. If you don't ownership or permission, then please do not install the client. The F@h project does not need negative perceptions that come from misuse of the software.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

The uninstaller pkg is at
https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-cl ... r/releases

You can uninstall via script with

Code: Select all

sudo installer -target / -pkg fah-uninstaller_0.1.5_all.pkg
mveras1972

Post by mveras1972 »

Joe_H wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 pm Not that I am aware of. The package for all three OSs include an uninstaller, but as privileges are required to install they are also required to uninstall.

My assumption is that you are following the F@h terms of use which include only installing on machines you own or have permission to use the folding client on. If you don't ownership or permission, then please do not install the client. The F@h project does not need negative perceptions that come from misuse of the software.
What can I tell you. The same people that asked me to install it to their department PCs is now asking me to uninstall it. I only support them and do what they ask.
mveras1972

Post by mveras1972 »

calxalot wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 am The uninstaller pkg is at
https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-cl ... r/releases

You can uninstall via script with

Code: Select all

sudo installer -target / -pkg fah-uninstaller_0.1.5_all.pkg
Is there one for Windows?
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

There is an uninstall created when installed on Windows. I don’t know how to use it from command line. I expect it’s easy to run from MS remote management tools.