Mustung
Hardware configuration: Asus Z170p
Intel 6700k
AMD Rx Vega 56
8GB DDR4
Intel 760P 256G

batch add Advanced control clients

Post by Mustung »

is there a way to batch add like 4 clients to Advanced control ? I ink of like this interface and would prefer not to use 3d party tools. plus there can be security concerns too.
AMD 5800x Gigabyte 3090 LC
RTX2060(s) x 6
JimboPalmer

Re: batch add Advanced control clients

Post by JimboPalmer »

Welcome to Folding@Home!

I am having trouble visualizing what you are trying to do:

Do you want to pause and unpause CPU or GPU slots?

Does your PC actually change number of CPU or GPU slots?

Have I completely misunderstood the question?

(F@H frowns on silently installing their software on involuntary PCs)
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
bikeaddict

Post by bikeaddict »

The client configs are stored in a SQLite database in $HOME/.FAHClient/FAHControl.db (on Linux, not sure of the Windows path). You'd have to run insert queries on the clients table in this database and restart FAHClient.

Or if you have a graphical UI, an automation script could be run to manipulate the FAHControl app with simulated keystrokes and mouse clicks. There is AutoIt on Windows or probably some equivalent on Linux.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

There are several methods of connecting to the FAHClient process and modifying its settings at the level needed to use one installation of FAHControl to monitor and control other clients on the same LAN. The first is FAHControl, it can be used on each machine to make the necessary network and password settings, then not needed afterwards.

Second, the FAHClient app itself can be used from the command line in a DOS window or Linux terminal window. Using FAHClient --help will give you a listing of the available commands. You will need to use the FAHClient --send-command with the option you want set after that to alter the running installed client. This can be scripted.

Third, remaining from the early versions of the V7 client is using telnet to connect to the running FAHClient process. What documentation is available is here - https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-co ... Client-API, and through the builtin help command. This also can be scripted. On Windows the default telnet provided with the OS used to not work, a different version would need to be downloaded and used. The connection would be over the local network IP of 127.0.0.1 and using port 36330, i.e. telnet 127.0.0.1 36330.

The second and third methods are considered expert, and the documentation is limited pretty much to what I have mentioned.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
Mustung
Intel 6700k
AMD Rx Vega 56
8GB DDR4
Intel 760P 256G

Post by Mustung »

JimboPalmer wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:30 am Welcome to Folding@Home!

I am having trouble visualizing what you are trying to do:

Do you want to pause and unpause CPU or GPU slots?

Does your PC actually change number of CPU or GPU slots?

Have I completely misunderstood the question?

(F@H frowns on silently installing their software on involuntary PCs)
You are right about the GPU slots thing. I change my configue frequently and would really like to haver an 'Import Client List' bottom.
RTX2060(s) x 6
Mustung
Intel 6700k
AMD Rx Vega 56
8GB DDR4
Intel 760P 256G

Post by Mustung »

bikeaddict wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:07 pm The client configs are stored in a SQLite database in $HOME/.FAHClient/FAHControl.db (on Linux, not sure of the Windows path). You'd have to run insert queries on the clients table in this database and restart FAHClient.

Or if you have a graphical UI, an automation script could be run to manipulate the FAHControl app with simulated keystrokes and mouse clicks. There is AutoIt on Windows or probably some equivalent on Linux.
Thank you, I might need to write my own tool then.
RTX2060(s) x 6
calxalot
Site Moderator

Post by calxalot »

Note that the client doesn’t use FAHControl.db. So you want to quit FAHControl before editing the db, then (re)start FAHControl.