HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v7

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

toTOW
Site Moderator

Re: HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v7

Post by toTOW »

Did you update the .NET libraries to the last ones ? Windows Updates should handle it, but it seems that it doesn't on some systems ...

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
BobWilliams757
Hardware configuration: ASRock X370M PRO4
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200
MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

Post by BobWilliams757 »

DocJonz wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:19 am I've upgraded the previous versions of HFM.NET on three of my networked Win10 machines - worked fine on two of them, but on the third, now if I double click on the HFM icon nothing happens(!) No idea why the new version doesn't work with that one. I have had to roll back the version on that machine.
Interesting, I'll keep that in mind when I mess with it. The previous version was working fine, then the new one will open, show old work units, but doesn't see any slots.

toTOW wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:16 pm Did you update the .NET libraries to the last ones ? Windows Updates should handle it, but it seems that it doesn't on some systems ...
I did a few weeks back when I first went to HFM 9.28.1718.0. I'll double check that as well.
Fold them if you get them!
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

One of my computers is reporting 0 completed and 0 failed, as per this thread, any ideas?:
viewtopic.php?p=356475#p356475
The tasks are being completed ok, I've found them on the server.
How does HFM calculate this value?
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

HFM must be running when the WU is completed and returned to the server. If it wasn't running at this moment, it doesn't know that the WU has been completed.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

It's always running.
BobWilliams757
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200

Post by BobWilliams757 »

Just an update from me... went back to V9.28/1718, added the (local) slot and everything is back up and running fine again. I'm not sure how old the previous version was, and it may have just needed a computer related update that I missed until I installed the later HFM.

@Pete_Hucker,

Have you by chance renamed the slots on that machine and possibly not saved the new name? Having renamed mine a few times before I settled on how to designate certain things I noticed that the "completed" and "failed" boxes display only those work units completed under that specific name. But, all of them show up under the "Tools-Work Unit History Viewer" drop down. Are your work units from that machine showing up in that display?
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

I've never changed the name of a slot. I often swap GPUs around physically. But creating a slot I let it do automatically.
BobWilliams757
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200

Post by BobWilliams757 »

Peter_Hucker wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:53 am I've never changed the name of a slot. I often swap GPUs around physically. But creating a slot I let it do automatically.
Correction on my part. Have you renamed the client for any reason?

And are your work units currently showing up under the Work Unit History Viewer?
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

Not sure what you mean by renamed the client. The client is called "black" - it's windows network name and the label in HFM. I've never changed that.

I've never used the history viewer before. But when I looked just now, it stops on 30th June, for all computers. Could something have been corrupted where it keeps a log of how many were done? It's possible black's client was reinstalled and actually none of them have been reporting any work, I only noticed black because it's zero.
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

Correction, I see I complained about this a week before it stopped logging (black and others). So two anomalies that don't seem connected.
BobWilliams757
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200

Post by BobWilliams757 »

Peter_Hucker wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:16 am Not sure what you mean by renamed the client. The client is called "black" - it's windows network name and the label in HFM. I've never changed that.

I've never used the history viewer before. But when I looked just now, it stops on 30th June, for all computers. Could something have been corrupted where it keeps a log of how many were done? It's possible black's client was reinstalled and actually none of them have been reporting any work, I only noticed black because it's zero.
My logs stopped the same as yours have. I knew the HFM releases kept coming, but I had never updated it in a couple of years. So I updated to ver 9.28.1718.0 and everything was fine again. I let it auto update to the newest and it quit working. I reverted back to ver 9.28.1718.0 and everything is fine again, it just made me add the (in my case local) client again.

When my machine quit logging them in history, it would still show status and such in the display bars. I never noticed until I went to look at the history viewer. The slots showed up, and it showed which ones were folding. They just didn't log results.

A couple of people have mentioned bugs with certain versions. It might be worth trying a different version to the one you are currently running.
Peter_Hucker

Post by Peter_Hucker »

I'll just assume they're working. I have 7 PCs and I can't be bothered setting that up all over again. I mainly just use HFM to monitor and control what's running where.
BobWilliams757
Ryzen 2400G APU
16 GB DDR4-3200

Post by BobWilliams757 »

Stupid question time, so I'm hoping someone knows this answer. I don't want to screw up any logs to asking first.

I've noticed that the HFM head shows the number of FAH cores used under the "SLOT" heading. But looking at history logs it doesn't. I've been using various configuration names to assign and help sort power limits, settings, etc for the GPU. But this gets tricky when doing both CPU and GPU folding, as there is overlap between work units. If I could always just show core use in the history, it gives me a better idea of the averages and such.

The only setting I can see that might work is the "logging level" toggle under preferences. If this is set to "debug" would that CPU slot info show up under the history view?
Votick92

Post by Votick92 »

Just wanted to chip in here and mention I had a similar issue after renaming clients.
In the end I edited the DB and deleted the old entries for the clients.
Added them back and all back to normal. Obviously any history is lost but it's now counting WU's.
Lazvon
Hardware configuration: 4080 / 12700F, 3090Ti/12900KS, 3090/12900K, 3090/10940X, 3080Ti/12700K, 3080Ti/9900X, 3080Ti/9900X

Post by Lazvon »

Hmmm. Trying to figure out what is going on with the web page being generated. I have stats in the HFM app itself, but the webpage (Web Generation) is showing up as everything was "blank". Seems to be locking up on one of the "log" files for one of the system that is around 6MB (or was before it stopped being able to generate the file).
Folding since Feb 2021. 1) 4090/12900KS, 2) 4080/12700F, 3) 4070Ti/9900X, 4) 3090/12900K, 5) 3090/10940X, 6) 3080Ti/12700K, 7) 3080Ti/9900X