FAHControl

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

PaulSinnema

FAHControl

Post by PaulSinnema »

At this url: https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/i ... rs/?lng=en it literally says:
Download the V7 Installer from here (see figure 1). The installer includes the new simpler Web Control (client manager), the new FAHClient (slot) software, and the new FAHViewer (viewer) software. V7 also includes the optional FAHControl (advanced client manager) interface software.
If I double click the icon below the text nothing happens because it's only an image. Where do I download FAHControl?
PaulSinnema

Re: FAHControl

Post by PaulSinnema »

Ah, don't need to install separate but it is installed already. Documentation is off.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: FAHControl

Post by Joe_H »

Welcome to the folding support forum.

You seem to have misunderstood the directions, it doesn't mention a separate download for FAHControl. The quoted text says that "also includes the optional FAHControl". FAHControl is only a separate download for the standard packages for installing on Linux.

The documentation is several versions of the client behind. But almost all information still applies to the current version. The volunteer who used to maintain those pages passed away a few years ago around the same time as the Folding@home Consortium was relocating from Stanford. Some new people are working on maintaining the F@h website, but they have not gotten to the installation guides yet.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3