How to re-enable my GPU?

Driver issues associated with the Windows 10 roll-out

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Skarbrand2812

How to re-enable my GPU?

Post by Skarbrand2812 »

My system is an AMD 3700X and RTX 3080 (driver version 456.71).

Folding on my GPU has just been disabled. I suspect a game I was playing (Witcher 3) stopped F@h from using the GPU. How do I resume folding with the GPU when the game stops?
gunnarre

Re: How to re-enable my GPU?

Post by gunnarre »

The GPU showing in the "Disabled" status? It shouldn't be doing this on its own. Can you post the log from when this happened?

Please post the log from when it stopped: viewtopic.php?p=327412&f=24#p327412

Your GPU slot getting disabled suggests that your GPU is either unstable - a factory overclock might be enough to do that -, that the driver has issues, or that you got a series of invalid work units. The latter does rarely happen, like last week, when there's an error in the generation of the WU on the work servers.

If the fault doesn't lie with your system, it should be enough to re-start the folding client. If you're on Windows, that usually means logging out and logging back in again.
Online: GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1080, GTX 1050 Ti 4G OC, RX580 + occasional CPU folding in the cold.
Offline: Radeon HD 7770, GTX 960, GTX 950
toTOW
Site Moderator

Post by toTOW »

It might be a good idea to use a newer driver ... preferably downloaded from nVidia website.

And of course, posting FAH logs would help.

Folding@Home beta tester since 2002. Folding Forum moderator since July 2008.
Skarbrand2812

Post by Skarbrand2812 »

I did several reboots and restarted the router and the problem seems to have rectified itself. So everything it folding nicely now.

I think the log from the day has been overwritten but if it recurs I'll snapshot and send it through.

Thank you very much for your quick responses. This is an awesome initiative.