lost all credentials

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

southernpride1865

lost all credentials

Post by southernpride1865 »

Been a member for quite a while and recently had some non-forum issues with my computer. Had to take it in for repair, and the guy removed several "unnecessary" (to him!) programs without letting me know first. One of which was Folding@home. He also wiped out my email client and all of my system backups when he (supposedly) did a system reset. So, now I have no access to my old passkey, username, or ANY of my login info. Any way of getting any of this back? I'm honestly not too interested in the lost credit (hey, it WAS nice to see those big numbers!) so I just started a new account. But for future reference, is it even possible to regain this info when it has been wiped completely from my machine?

Thanks!
aetch

Re: lost all credentials

Post by aetch »

A couple of thoughts

old config data
A couple of folders you could check for latent configuration FAH data, you're looking for a file named "config.xml".
7.6.13 and earlier -> c:\users\<your username>\appdata\Roaming\FAHClient
can also be accessed through %appdata%\FAHClient
7.6.21 -> c:\programdata\FAHClient

scavenge hunt for your folding username
If you know roughly how many points you were on you could check in with extremeoverclocking.com to see if you recognise your old folding username

retrieve old passkey
take your recovered username and email address (I'm going to assume you haven't forgotten this) over to the passkey page to recover your old passkey, if you want.
I think this bit might be superfluous as the important part is you have a valid passkey to get the quick return bonus.
https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey
Folding Rigs - None (25-Jun-2022)

ImageImage