Extremely Low PPD on Top Pascal Gpu's

If you think it might be a driver problem, see viewforum.php?f=79

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Double J's

Re: Extremely Low PPD on Top Pascal Gpu's

Post by Double J's »

NO, the other gpu's are running alot lower as well.

Again, should be hitting well over 2m easy.

On my other system that consist of 5 gpu's. I am getting new psu's today, I'll let you know then.

That system has: 1 Titan Xp, and 4 Titan X's(Maxwell Gpu's).

I'll post update later.

EDIT:

Seems Alzheimer's Projects are yielding better PPD in general, for now that is.
Last edited by Double J's on Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double J's

Post by Double J's »

Sorry for the double post, I'll revise this particular post once I get new updates.
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

Ok, a few possible reasons:
1- GPUs running too hot.
2- Power capping the GPUs by too much (in percent in Windows, or watts in Linux).
3- Overclocked too high, or underclocked too low.
4- GPU error reverts to 1350Mhz default frequency (in some case scenarios you'll have to turn off the PC, and sometimes physically remove and reinstall the GPU, if necessary swap slots).
5- Just a bad set of WUs. Usually letting the WU run out to 100%, of dumping it should resolve the issue (if the new WU is not of the same type).
6- Overcomitting the CPU, by folding too many threads on CPU. In Windows you'll need roughtly 1 thread per GPU, and 1 thread for the OS. The remaining threads can be allocated to CPU folding. (you don't really need to reserve that 1 OS thread, if you're not really using your PC).
7- Your CPU is overheating
8- Bad or incorrect SPD setup on memory or CPU.
9- Bad sectors on harddrive (I recommend to run Folding At Home from a modern $20 SSD).

I don't believe it's a PCIE issue, since those GPUs usually need about a PCIE 3.0 x1 slot, or PCIE 2.0 x4 slot or greater; and/or possibly a PCIE 3.0 x4/PCIE 2.0 x8 in Windows or greater.