MFicek
Hardware configuration: CPU: Intel i5 3210m
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 630m
RAM: 8GB DDR3
SSD: Crucial MX250 250 GB

Folding at Home on Golem Network?

Post by MFicek »

Hi.

I ask technial guys what do You think about idea to put Folding tasks on Golem Network: https://golem.network/
That is decentralised supercomputer. People give computational power and obtain crypto for that. I think that obtaining crypto for folding can encourage peopel to fold more and therefore save more people's lives. Golem is reliable crypto which is available on many crypto markets.
Golem Network is currently on process of switching to ERC-20.
I don't have technical knowledge, I just know both tools and ask if there is a perspective to "forge" them in the future?

Best wishes.
bruce

Re: Folding at Home on Golem Network?

Post by bruce »

FAH performs scientific research and is specifically NOT associated with any specific crypto. Other cryptocurrencies have adapted their awards systems to accept FAH"s points but that's entirely up to them ... to use our publicly available credit information.

... but the discussion doesn't belong on the FAH support site.
MFicek
Hardware configuration: CPU: Intel i5 3210m
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 630m
RAM: 8GB DDR3
SSD: Crucial MX250 250 GB

Post by MFicek »

bruce wrote: ... but the discussion doesn't belong on the FAH support site.
I asked that question on subforum "How can we help FAH grow" so it is unexpected by me that asking how to help FAH grow does not belong to that place.

So sorry very much.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Here is the official policy statement on cryptocurrencies - https://test.foldingathome.org/2019/01/ ... ?lng=en-US.

Bruce is referring to the discussion of cryptocurrency and direct involvement of F@h. As public and private institutions doing research, the Folding@home Consortium receive grants and other research support from government and private sources. Using any resources from those sources to be involved directly with cryptocurrency would probably be considered violations of the agreements under which they get those grants, etc.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3