Request on transferring team ownership

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Baiqing

Request on transferring team ownership

Post by Baiqing »

Hi,

The team me and a few friends are folding for has an inactive owner who has not been active or a long time. We are looking to build a team website for it since there isn't one but we can't get it out as we don't own the team. Can someone in the F@H team potentially help me to get in contact with the previous owner? I can provide more credentials about who I am privately.

Edit:
The owner is now pretty much confirmed to be inactive, so I am now requesting on a transfer of team ownership.

Thank you so much :D
freestman
Hardware configuration: GTX980 & GTX1060-3GB

Re: Request on transferring team ownership

Post by freestman »

I totally agree with him.
husq
Hardware configuration: [img]http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?un=husq&t=3213[/img]
http://www.equn.com/forum/forum-21-1.html

Post by husq »

Baiqing wrote:Hi,

The team me and a few friends are folding for has an inactive owner who has not been active or a long time. We are looking to build a team website for it since there isn't one but we can't get it out as we don't own the team. Can someone in the F@H team potentially help me to get in contact with the previous owner? I can provide more credentials about who I am privately.

Edit:
The owner is now pretty much confirmed to be inactive, so I am now requesting on a transfer of team ownership.

Thank you so much :D

I support your actions :D
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

Won't happen!
I have a team,and out of the blue 2 or 3 users came folding on the team I created.
No matter what these guys do (1/1000th of my PPD), I wouldn't want to relinquish my team to them.
If you want a team, start one you own the rights to.
Fah doesn't transfer teams. Only the owner of the team can agree to transfer the team to you.
Baiqing

Post by Baiqing »

MeeLee wrote:Won't happen!
I have a team,and out of the blue 2 or 3 users came folding on the team I created.
No matter what these guys do (1/1000th of my PPD), I wouldn't want to relinquish my team to them.
If you want a team, start one you own the rights to.
Fah doesn't transfer teams. Only the owner of the team can agree to transfer the team to you.
Hello, I apologize for any misunderstanding but allow me to give you more context. This matter was discussed with F@H team members in private to provide more credentials but I can give you some public information.
The team ID 3213 Chinese team has always, since founding, been core members of the equn fourm, or the distributed computing fourm for China. Since its founding in 2004 we mainly focused on BOINC projects, F@H is another project among many. The users that replied here are not "out of the blue", but in fact core members who has been contributing for multiple years.
Due to the language barrier, it is difficult for many of us to use this fourm in English so we have our own, if you don't mind some google translate here is our F@H specific subsection: http://www.equn.com/forum/forum-21-1.html. Feel free to cross reference with archive.org or any other way you wish.
We have tried to get in contact with the person who created the team ID for a while now, without revealing too much information about the previous person who set up the team, that individual has most likely moved on and lost contact with us.
It is quite rude to assert yourself like this, however I understand you may have strong feelings due to a lack of context, so I hope this will clarify things up a little.
We dont care about your team "ownership", we want the team homepage to point to the correct fourm properly as some members complained it took them so long to find us, thank you.
lynt

Post by lynt »

We just want to fill the Homepage section in our team profile. That will help to promote and support FAH to local people.
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

I'm merely repeating that which has been said before.
FAH doesn't transfer teams, unless that policy has changed.
But as far as I know, there's no transfer possible.
Your only way is to somehow get a hold of the team leader, and ask him.

However, perhaps something Bruce can look into,
In case of the passing on of a team leader, teams should have the option to have a second team owner assigned to them.
Then the question might be, what would happen if both team leaders disappear/ move on / pass on?
And what would happen if the team creator, and a team admin disagree on something?
... might be more trouble than worth looking into...

As far as team names, they also can't be changed once made.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

Several incorrect assertions being made here, starting with the first:
MeeLee wrote:FAH doesn't transfer teams, unless that policy has changed.
Transfers have been done, the person{s} requesting such transfers hav needs to show long term connections to the team acceptable to the those making the change. Easiest connection is a request from the person who created the team in first place.
MeeLee wrote:As far as team names, they also can't be changed once made.
The creator of a team has always been able to modify the team name with the requisite login information to the F@h site. Currently available through a form - https://apps.foldingathome.org/team.

Recently the reports from persons making such changes have been mixed. Works for some, but may take a few days to show up. For others it has failed.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3
MeeLee

Post by MeeLee »

Joe_H wrote:Several incorrect assertions being made here, starting with the first:
Transfers have been done, the person{s} requesting such transfers hav needs to show long term connections to the team acceptable to the those making the change. Easiest connection is a request from the person who created the team in first place.
The creator of a team has always been able to modify the team name with the requisite login information to the F@h site. Currently available through a form - https://apps.foldingathome.org/team.

Recently the reports from persons making such changes have been mixed. Works for some, but may take a few days to show up. For others it has failed.
Thanks for the clarification!
What about if I decide to take a 2 or 3 year break, and someone with modern hardware decides to add 50-100% of my PPD into the team (or surpasses my own contributions).
Will FAH give the team away to that person, if he asks?
Baiqing

Post by Baiqing »

MeeLee wrote:
Joe_H wrote:Several incorrect assertions being made here, starting with the first:

Thanks for the clarification!
What about if I decide to take a 2 or 3 year break, and someone with modern hardware decides to add 50-100% of my PPD into the team (or surpasses my own contributions).
Will FAH give the team away to that person, if he asks?
Hi, if you (the original team creator) do decide to come back, that will be dependent on your situation. For us, if the original creator does decide to come back we still have our own private fourm where that person can request and we will return "ownership"... Please understand that for our specific case, no "one" owns the team, rather, it's the general core member of equn. That is what it's setup to be and please don't assume your own perspective, thank you!