Supported GPU List

It seems that a lot of GPU problems revolve around specific versions of drivers. Though AMD has their own support structure, you can often learn from information reported by others who fold.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

HackInTheBox

Supported GPU List

Post by HackInTheBox »

Where is the supported GPU list?

I've been searching everywhere and I feel this should be much more straight forward to find.
JimboPalmer

Re: Supported GPU List

Post by JimboPalmer »

Nvidia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N ... sing_units

Under Processing Power, look for Double Precision. If you see 'unknown' it will not fold, if you see a number, it will.

I think the GTX 465 is the oldest card that folds. Nvidia GPUs in laptops are iffy, you need to be sure it is the only GPU used.

AMD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_A ... sing_units

Under Processing Power, look for Double Precision. If you see 'unknown' it will not fold, if you see a number, it will.

I think the Radeon HD 5830 is the oldest card that folds. But AMD made quite few newer cards without Double Precision, especially in laptops.
Tsar of all the Rushers
I tried to remain childlike, all I achieved was childish.
A friend to those who want no friends
thtan

Post by thtan »

My GPU is Radeon R7 M360. But the core detected it as R7 M260/265/270. Is it that this GPU is not supported yet?
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Post by Joe_H »

The list is based on Device IDs, and AMD has tended towards reusing both GPU chips and the ID numbers across multiple series of cards. In this case the entry is based on the first reported use of the Device ID. Sometimes when a person with editing access has time, they will update to add more, but after a bit some of the lines for AMD gets to long.

So, if the Device ID matches, the GPU is supported and can fold. The description field is cosmetic and not actually used by the software for anything other than display.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3