iOS/iPadOS App?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

suchnerve
Hardware configuration: MacBook Pro 2018, 15 inch, 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB graphics, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM, 86 watt power supply

iOS/iPadOS App?

Post by suchnerve »

Hi!

Are there any plans for an iOS/iPadOS version of F@H? Apple’s modern A-series processors are wicked fast, and often faster than desktop processors. I know that their multitasking limitations would require leaving the app open, but I personally am very willing to open the app and leave it running while I sleep and I bet a lot of other people are too.
anandhanju

Re: iOS/iPadOS App?

Post by anandhanju »

suchnerve asking a question like that. j/k

FAH doesn't have any plans as far as I know of an app for iOS or iPadOS. They generally do not provide plans of speculative releases as it often leads to frustrations if and when there are delays (like now, for instance, I'm almost certain that all software development activities have taken a back seat over getting the FAH machine humming along to fight COVID-19). FAH has limited developer resources and unless there is an interest from Apple to collaborate, this may take a while to done. There have been collaborations like that in the past from Sony that led to the PS3 and Android clients.

I too hope FAH launches an iOS client. Until then, I'll continue running DreamLab on my iOS devices.
Joe_H
Site Admin
Hardware configuration: Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp4
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp2

Re: iOS/iPadOS App?

Post by Joe_H »

However there is an iOS app for monitoring your folding from an iPad or iPhone if you are interested in that. Some have posted about it recently, and the author is also on this forum at times.

iMac 2.8 i7 12 GB smp8, Mac Pro 2.8 quad 12 GB smp6
MacBook Pro 2.9 i7 8 GB smp3