Gain Control of Team

If you're new to FAH and need help getting started or you have very basic questions, start here.

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Kornflake

Gain Control of Team

Post by Kornflake »

I'm a member of the Ron Paul 2012 Team, 182919 rank 713. All of our active team members are from ronpaulforums and I've been doing some work to keep the team working. However, I don't know who created the team or any way to make contact with the person (we jumped on a previously created team as the name was ideal at the time). Now that Ron Paul 2012 isn't as relevant of a name, we might want to change the name to something more generic.

Also, assuming we are able to gain control and could change the name, are there any potentially negative affects of this action?

Thanks for the help!
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Re: Gain Control of Team

Post by Jesse_V »

Welcome to the forum Kornflake!

No, renaming the team shouldn't have any negative consequences like loss of points, etc. Everything should be fine. There's a link on the Stats page for renaming a team, but obviously you need the passwords first.
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Maybe somebody should have though about that earlier. We are absolutely not a political forum and advertising is prohibited by FAH.

The work produced by your team is a permanent benefit to science but I'd think that reclaiming the points would be unimportant. They won't buy you anything and FAH is most definitely not associated with any political campaign.
Kornflake

Post by Kornflake »

bruce wrote:Maybe somebody should have though about that earlier. We are absolutely not a political forum and advertising is prohibited by FAH.

The work produced by your team is a permanent benefit to science but I'd think that reclaiming the points would be unimportant. They won't buy you anything and FAH is most definitely not associated with any political campaign.
I'm a little surprised by the tenure of your response. Points and teams are an important part of this effort. We were able to help a great deal and I wouldn't really consider it advertising more than many other team name. Regardless, we want to do something about things now, as per my first post.
Bleeder

Post by Bleeder »

bruce wrote:Maybe somebody should have though about that earlier. We are absolutely not a political forum and advertising is prohibited by FAH.

Jeez Bruce... look at the top teams names and tell me that advertising is prohibited. Guess FAH better get on the ball and get them to all stop folding or change their names. :roll:
Kornflake

Post by Kornflake »

To rephrase, I'm hoping for either:

-A way to contact the owner of Ron Paul 2012
-A way to transfer the ownership of the team

because I want to see about possibly renaming the team.
Ravage7779

Post by Ravage7779 »

Lol! If the name of the team constitutes advertising, then 90% of all teams require renaming. Rallying around a product, platform, OS, hobby, website, magazine, blog, person, or cause is half the reason why people join a team in the first place.

Honestly if its not vulgar (and not cheating like FTL), who cares what gets people to fold as long as they are folding.

If nvidia said, we will give you a 5% rebate on a Kepler card if you join our team (i.e. NVIDIA folds best) and produce 500,000 points within 90 days, would you say no? Be a pretty sweet deal to me, both for the user and the project (and nvidia sales maybe).
Get more Mac OS X folding help from the friendly experts @ http://www.foldingathome.org/index.html
johnerz
Hardware configuration: Intel 2600K @ stock
EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ @ stock
8gb Samsung green @ 1.55v 2040 9,10,10,1T
Asus P67 Sabertooth bios version 3209
Corsair hx 1000 psu
WD Black 500 GB
Win 7 64, updated,Microsoft Security Essentials - updated daily

SupermicroH8QGi+-F, 4 X AMD 6168 @ 1.9 no OC
Corsair HX 850 PSU 16 x 2GB HyperX 1600 ram
Ubuntu 12.04, using the musky/tear mods

Updated 03 Feb 2015

Post by johnerz »

Ravage7779 wrote:Lol! If the name of the team constitutes advertising, then 90% of all teams require renaming. Rallying around a product, platform, OS, hobby, website, magazine, blog, person, or cause is half the reason why people join a team in the first place.

Honestly if its not vulgar (and not cheating like FTL), who cares what gets people to fold as long as they are folding.

If nvidia said, we will give you a 5% rebate on a Kepler card if you join our team (i.e. NVIDIA folds best) and produce 500,000 points within 90 days, would you say no? Be a pretty sweet deal to me, both for the user and the project (and nvidia sales maybe).
I agree lots of the teams are linked to an org :)

Look at the EVGA team #2, EVGA give out "evga Buck" for team folders reaching a set amount of points per month

The point then reduce the cost of hardware in Noth America and Europe
johnerz

Intel 2600K @ stock
EVGA 670 FTW @ stock
12GB 1600
Asus P67 Sabertooth bios version 3209
Corsair hx 1000 psu
WD Black 500 GB

Win 7 64, updated
Microsoft Security Essentials - updated daily

Updated 4 Dec 2012
tear
Hardware configuration: None

Post by tear »

To rephrase, I'm hoping for either:

-A way to contact the owner of Ron Paul 2012
That's probably the best way forward.

FAH administration should be able to assist.
One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
orion
Hardware configuration: 4p/4 MC ES @ 3.0GHz/32GB
4p/4x6128 @ 2.47GHz/32GB
2p/2 IL ES @ 2.7GHz/16GB
1p/8150/8GB
1p/1090T/4GB

Post by orion »

Like tear suggested...PM esorin

I believe he's the one you need to contact.
iustus quia...
Kornflake

Post by Kornflake »

Thank you, I've submitted a PM!