HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v7

This forum contains information about 3rd party applications which may be of use to those who run the FAH client and one place where you might be able to get help when using one of those apps.

Moderator: Site Moderators

rhavern

Re: HFM.NET - Monitoring Application for Folding@Home v6/v7

Post by rhavern »

Nice job, worked a treat first time around with all my v6 clients. Now I can consider using v7 :wink:

Kudos.
Folding since 1 WU=1 point
ImageImage
Fahrenheit451
Hardware configuration: System 1:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)
Mainboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3P v1.1
RAM: 2 GB (2x1024 MB DDR2 Dual-Channel, DRAM frequency 400 MHz)
HD: Samsung HD501LJ (500 GB)
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E8 CM 580W
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512, XFX Pine Group
GFX driver version: 285.62
The card runs at stock speed: GPU 648 MHz, Memory 972 Mhz, Shader 1620 MHz

System 2:
CPU: Intel i7 2600 (Sandy Bridge) @ 3400 MHz (4C/8T)
Mainboard: Asus P8H67-M-Pro
RAM: 8GB (2x4 GB DDR3, 1333 MHz, Kingston)
HD: Samsung HD103SJ (1TB)
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E8 CM 580 W
Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D with H100 water cooling
GPU: i7 2600 IGP (not for folding) / Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC 1GB

Post by Fahrenheit451 »

Thanks for your beautiful monitoring tool. I use it for nearly two years and downloaded today your latest version.
While adding the v6 clients is no problem (local and remote), unfortunately I can't add the v7 client on the remote computer.
Both PCs running in the same home network. The FAH folder (no longer used v6 clients (SMP + GPU) and currently used v7 client) are visible in the network view of the PC I'm running HFM. This computer has the IP 192.168.2.100.
The PC I'm running the FAH v7 client has the IP 192.168.2.106. In the Remote Access configuration of the v7 client I changed the allowed IP addresses from the default 127.0.0.1 to 192.168.2.0/24. When I now try to add the v7 client to HFM (Client name: PC2, Address: 192.168.2.106, Port: 36330, no Password) and click on "Test Connection" nothing happens. If I change the IP address to 192.168.2.108 for example I get immediately a "Client connection has timed out" error.

What I am doing wrong?

Btw. I did not tested HFM with a local FAH v7 installation.
bollix47

Post by bollix47 »

127.0.0.1 to 192.168.2.0/24
Where you have the above in both the remote client and the monitoring(local) client try:

Code: Select all

127.0.0.1,192.168.2.100-192.168.2.124
A restart may be necessary.

Also, using the i.p. address in HFM shouldn't be necessary ... you should use the remote Computer Name. That way if the address changes monitoring will still work properly.
Fahrenheit451

System 2:

Post by Fahrenheit451 »

I posted too fast. A simple restart of the FAH v7 client makes it work. While doing so I found out that it is not a good idea to remove the default 127.0.0.1 from the allowed list. The client didn't work then anymore. Fortunately the v7 client create backup files of the config so I could fix it quickly. The remote config of allowed IP addresses looks now like this:

127.0.0.1,192.168.2.0/24
Regarding IP address or computer name: both works. Thank you for your hint :D
GreyWhiskers
Hardware configuration: a) Main unit
Sandybridge in HAF922 w/200 mm side fan
--i7 2600K@4.2 GHz
--ASUS P8P67 DeluxeB3
--4GB ADATA 1600 RAM
--750W Corsair PS
--2Seagate Hyb 750&500 GB--WD Caviar Black 1TB
--EVGA 660GTX-Ti FTW - Signature 2 GPU@ 1241 Boost
--MSI GTX560Ti @900MHz
--Win7Home64; FAH V7.3.2; 327.23 drivers

b) 2004 HP a475c desktop, 1 core Pent 4 HT@3.2 GHz; Mem 2GB;HDD 160 GB;Zotac GT430PCI@900 MHz
WinXP SP3-32 FAH v7.3.6 301.42 drivers - GPU slot only

c) 2005 Toshiba M45-S551 laptop w/2 GB mem, 160GB HDD;Pent M 740 CPU @ 1.73 GHz
WinXP SP3-32 FAH v7.3.6 [Receiving Core A4 work units]
d) 2011 lappy-15.6"-1920x1080;i7-2860QM,2.5;IC Diamond Thermal Compound;GTX 560M 1,536MB u/c@700;16GB-1333MHz RAM;HDD:500GBHyb w/ 4GB SSD;Win7HomePrem64;320.18 drivers FAH 7.4.2ß

Post by GreyWhiskers »

Great job, Harlan. This is what what I've been looking for - able to monitor both V7 and V6. Having said that, this may be the impetus for me to move off of v6 to v7 for my most prolific computer.

Comment re: v7 installs.I installed the new HFM.net on a Windows 7 laptop running v7 SMP and GPU slots. I have two remote v7 computers, and one remote v6 computer. I used an old .hfm config file and it immediately found my two remote v6 clients (GPU and SMP) on that computer. My two remote v7 slots were easily found when I used the computer name shown in the v7 Configure Connection tab. I got hung up for a moment with the Local v7 install, until I figured I need to use the Windows computer name found in the Control Panel / System page at the bottom of the page. Then, it worked like a champ.

Issue re: v6. I have an SMP client and a GPU client. both the main HMF.net window and the Work Unit History tool display, "Uniprocessor" for the SMP slot type. Thus in the Log/Queue viewer, it doesn't list the number of cores. I also have a v7 smp slot, which was properly identified.

Question: the HFM.net Systray logo is the right one, but I'm getting what looks like a generic document logo in the task bar. Do I just need to reboot?

Finally, on my local computer, HFM.net picked up all of my old history so I have a comprehensive list of work units from my v6 clients. Is there, or will there be a way, for the v0.9.0 version to parse all of the local and remote v7 logs? I set the v7 flat LOG-ROTATE-MAX to 50 so I would have a lot of history there.

Anyway, great job. I can't say how much I appreciate the product and your work.
Hyperlife

Post by Hyperlife »

The bug I reported here seems to be triggered by HFM.NET too. Linux v7 clients with really long logs will segfault when HFM.NET tries to refresh the log. This happened to me when adding my two Linux SMP folders to HFM.NET -- both segfaulted. I restarted both clients, which regenerated a (much shorter) log, and I added them with no other issues.

Too bad a crash bug like this isn't important enough to open a ticket.

Otherwise, everything looks good. Great job!
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Hyperlife wrote:The bug I reported here seems to be triggered by HFM.NET too. Linux v7 clients with really long logs will segfault when HFM.NET tries to refresh the log. This happened to me when adding my two Linux SMP folders to HFM.NET -- both segfaulted. I restarted both clients, which regenerated a (much shorter) log, and I added them with no other issues.

Too bad a crash bug like this isn't important enough to open a ticket.

Otherwise, everything looks good. Great job!

Developer work on this was already proceding without a ticket. Harlam had communicated this directly to Joe. Now you can track the work's progress directly... Ticket # 872
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
Hyperlife

Post by Hyperlife »

7im wrote:Developer work on this was already proceding without a ticket. Harlam had communicated this directly to Joe. Now you can track the work's progress directly... Ticket # 872
Thanks. Good to see this is being addressed.
HaloJones

Post by HaloJones »

Don't like that it lost all my setings and didn't warn me. Like that it will finally let me try using V7
single 1070

Fahrenheit451

System 2:

Post by Fahrenheit451 »

I assume it is a bug: If I save the config file and I want to add it in the "Startup & External" > "Load configuration file" I did not see it in the file selection window, even though I'm in the same folder as the config file. So I needed to enter the whole path manually. It's not a big thing as I assume that most HFM users don't change their setup and the config file name every day, but it is confusing if you know that you have saved a config file and the application doesn't show you its own file.

@harlam357: I run HFM with Win Vista Ultimate 32bit. If you need additional information please let me know.
OEOTS
Hardware configuration: Main PC: Intel E6400 @ 3.0 Ghz, 4GB RAM, EN7900GS, Win XP SP3

Post by OEOTS »

Awesome Harlam, much appreciated. I have now started to move over all my clients to v7.

There is only one thing I don't like in this combination (HFM and v7). I know it is a cosmetic error in v7, but when you pause a slot, it shuts it down with a error code.. which HFM then picks up as a failed WU. but hey, I shouldn't be pausing slots anyway.
harlam357

Post by harlam357 »

k1wi wrote:Harlem - one word - Awesome!

"Please note that your user preferences will be reset by this new version. " - Does this include any changes that have been made to the webpage templates?
@kiwi - the xslt templates have changed due to the fact that the xml that is generated changed. However, the end result of the web generation is the same, so the changes are mostly minor. You should be able to port your previous changes over to the new xslt templates. But, you will need to make a copy of the xslt templates included in the distribution and then change the xslt locations in the Preferences > Web Visual Styles tab. Don't overwrite the files in the installed location. Every time a new install runs these files will be written, so be sure to save your copies to another location and change the xslt locations in the Preferences > Web Visual Styles tab.
GreyWhiskers wrote:Issue re: v6. I have an SMP client and a GPU client. both the main HMF.net window and the Work Unit History tool display, "Uniprocessor" for the SMP slot type. Thus in the Log/Queue viewer, it doesn't list the number of cores. I also have a v7 smp slot, which was properly identified.

Question: the HFM.net Systray logo is the right one, but I'm getting what looks like a generic document logo in the task bar. Do I just need to reboot?

Finally, on my local computer, HFM.net picked up all of my old history so I have a comprehensive list of work units from my v6 clients. Is there, or will there be a way, for the v0.9.0 version to parse all of the local and remote v7 logs? I set the v7 flat LOG-ROTATE-MAX to 50 so I would have a lot of history there.

Anyway, great job. I can't say how much I appreciate the product and your work.
Re: v6 and the A4 core. In v7 I can get the client type (Uniprocessor, SMP, GPU) from the v7 client itself. So A4 detects correctly in the main grid with v7. With v6 the client type is determined by a Core > Client Type mapping. Since A4 started out as a Uniprocessor only core, HFM still recognizes v6 clients this way. In fact, to my knowledge, A4 is the only core that allow single or multi-threaded execution. So it just doesn't fit the Core > Client Type mapping that works for every other core. In other words, he's just an odd duck. I have considered adding a Uni/SMP client type. The other option is to go back to the v6 log parsing and add some A4 Uniprocessor/SMP detection. I'd be willing to do this... but I don't have any A4 Uniprocessor and A4 SMP logs from v6 clients with which to test. If someone can provide those I can write the detection.

Re: WU History and the A4 core. Sort of the same story. The WU History database does not store the client type (currently). It simply uses the same Core > Client Type mapping to fill in that data on the fly. So, ANY A4 work unit, regardless of whether it was completed using the v6 or v7 client, will show the Client Type in WU History as Uniprocessor. The plan here is to simply start storing the value. Before doing this, however, I'd like to solve the A4 client type detection in v6 (see my previous paragraph).

I can say this... updates will be more frequent again. So hopefully these things I am talking about will come sooner rather than later. Getting v7 to work was the primary goal with this release. I wasn't going to put effort into a lot of other features until I knew for sure v7 support was viable... and hopefully pretty stable at this point. Once stability in the wild have been validated, then things will start moving again.

Re: v7 and parsing history. The v7 client API does not support accessing old log files; and every time you restart the client it starts a new log file. You'll note that there is no setup for file sharing to connect to v7. HFM is accessing the data through the EXACT same API that FAHControl uses. I was told that making WU history available through the client API is something that Pande Group did NOT want to do... and that's about as much explanation as I got. HFM does not use only the log to obtain data on a client/slot, so parsing the log only for history data is not something in the plans. Sorry, if I had access to some better history data, like we had with v6 and the queue.dat file, then I would definitely make the effort to parse further back into history.

Thanks so much for your comments and kind words GreyWhiskers. :)
HaloJones wrote:Don't like that it lost all my setings and didn't warn me. Like that it will finally let me try using V7
Understandable. HFM didn't warn you because HFM v0.9.0 has no knowledge of the previous versions. However, I did my best to warn users with my forum post and on the front page of the HFM Google Code page. The change is for the better in regard to security, so I decided it was worth it. This is a one time thing so everything will persist moving forward.
Fahrenheit451 wrote:I assume it is a bug: If I save the config file and I want to add it in the "Startup & External" > "Load configuration file" I did not see it in the file selection window, even though I'm in the same folder as the config file. So I needed to enter the whole path manually. It's not a big thing as I assume that most HFM users doesn't change their setup and the config file name every day, but it is confusing if you know that you have saved a config file and the application doesn't show you its own file.

@harlam357: I run HFM with Win Vista Ultimate 32bit. If you need additional information please let me know.
I see the .hfmx file just fine here. Sure you're looking in the right folder? That open file dialog will only show .hfmx files.
OEOTS wrote:Awesome Harlam, much appreciated. I have now started to move over all my clients to v7.

There is only one thing I don't like in this combination (HFM and v7). I know it is a cosmetic error in v7, but when you pause a slot, it shuts it down with a error code.. which HFM then picks up as a failed WU. but hey, I shouldn't be pausing slots anyway.
Yep... spot on. I've noted this as well. I haven't done anything yet because the log parsing code for v6 and v7 is somewhat shared. I am going to put together a little guide on how to use the HFM Client Tool (see the Tools folder beneath the main HFM.NET install folder) to gather data from your clients that will allow me to enhance the parsing code. You can simply run this tool and generate a file and then send it to me... I can then take the data in the file and use it to run the data aggregation code just as if I could connect to your client(s) live with my development machine. Getting this kind of data will be a great help as I have really slimmed back the number of clients/slots/cores that I run personally, which atm includes no GPUs at all. So it's a lot harder for me to cover all the bases myself.

More on this later...
Amaruk

Post by Amaruk »

harlam357 wrote:The other option is to go back to the v6 log parsing and add some A4 Uniprocessor/SMP detection. I'd be willing to do this... but I don't have any A4 Uniprocessor and A4 SMP logs from v6 clients with which to test. If someone can provide those I can write the detection.
I'm thinking the best bet would be checking the # of threads, as indicated by the line: [23:35:51] Mapping NT from 4 to 4

6.34 SMP running A4:

--- Opening Log file [January 22 23:35:26 UTC] 

# Windows SMP Console Edition #################################################
###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 6.34

http://folding.stanford.edu

Launch directory: D:\F@H\6-34SMP
Executable: D:\F@H\6-34SMP\FAH6.34-win32-SMP.exe
Arguments: -oneunit -smp 

[23:35:26] - Ask before connecting: No
[23:35:26] - User name: Amaruk (Team 50625)
[23:35:26] - User ID: 1E53CB2Axxxxxxxx
[23:35:26] - Machine ID: 1
[23:35:26] 
[23:35:26] Loaded queue successfully.
[23:35:26] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[23:35:26] Cleaning up work directory
[23:35:26] + Attempting to get work packet
[23:35:26] Passkey found
[23:35:26] - Connecting to assignment server
[23:35:26] - Successful: assigned to (129.64.95.82).
[23:35:26] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[23:35:27] Loaded queue successfully.
[23:35:30] + Closed connections
[23:35:30] 
[23:35:30] + Processing work unit
[23:35:30] A4 will attempt to use 4 threads.
[23:35:30] Core required: FahCore_a4.exe
[23:35:30] Core not found.
[23:35:30] - Core is not present or corrupted.
[23:35:30] - Attempting to download new core...
[23:35:30] + Downloading new core: FahCore_a4.exe
[23:35:30] + 10240 bytes downloaded

<snip>

[23:35:33] + 3028899 bytes downloaded
[23:35:33] Verifying core Core_a4.fah...
[23:35:33] Signature is VALID
[23:35:33] 
[23:35:33] Trying to unzip core FahCore_a4.exe
[23:35:34] Decompressed FahCore_a4.exe (10057216 bytes) successfully
[23:35:39] + Core successfully engaged
[23:35:45] 
[23:35:45] + Processing work unit
[23:35:45] A4 will attempt to use 4 threads.
[23:35:45] Core required: FahCore_a4.exe
[23:35:45] Core found.
[23:35:45] Working on queue slot 02 [January 22 23:35:45 UTC]
[23:35:45] + Working ...
[23:35:45] *------------------------------*
[23:35:45] Folding@Home Gromacs GB Core
[23:35:45] Version 2.27 (Dec. 15, 2010)
[23:35:45] Preparing to commence simulation
[23:35:45] - Looking at optimizations...
[23:35:45] - Created dyn
[23:35:45] - Files status OK
[23:35:45] - Expanded 663818 -> 1297016 (decompressed 195.3 percent)
[23:35:45] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=663818 data_size=1297016, decompressed_data_size=1297016 diff=0
[23:35:45] - Digital signature verified
[23:35:45] Project: 7200 (Run 70, Clone 5, Gen 78)
[23:35:45] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[23:35:45] Entering M.D.
[23:35:51] Mapping NT from 4 to 4 
[23:35:51] Completed 0 out of 750000 steps  (0%)
[23:42:48] Completed 7500 out of 750000 steps  (1%)
[23:49:36] Completed 15000 out of 750000 steps  (2%)
[23:56:26] Completed 22500 out of 750000 steps  (3%)
[00:03:14] Completed 30000 out of 750000 steps  (4%)
[00:10:04] Completed 37500 out of 750000 steps  (5%)
[00:16:52] Completed 45000 out of 750000 steps  (6%)
[00:23:41] Completed 52500 out of 750000 steps  (7%)
[00:30:30] Completed 60000 out of 750000 steps  (8%)
[00:37:18] Completed 67500 out of 750000 steps  (9%)
[00:44:08] Completed 75000 out of 750000 steps  (10%)
[00:50:57] Completed 82500 out of 750000 steps  (11%)
[00:57:46] Completed 90000 out of 750000 steps  (12%)
[01:04:34] Completed 97500 out of 750000 steps  (13%)
[01:11:24] Completed 105000 out of 750000 steps  (14%)
[01:18:13] Completed 112500 out of 750000 steps  (15%)
[01:25:03] Completed 120000 out of 750000 steps  (16%)
[01:31:52] Completed 127500 out of 750000 steps  (17%)
[01:38:41] Completed 135000 out of 750000 steps  (18%)
[01:45:31] Completed 142500 out of 750000 steps  (19%)
[01:52:21] Completed 150000 out of 750000 steps  (20%)
[01:59:11] Completed 157500 out of 750000 steps  (21%)
[02:06:00] Completed 165000 out of 750000 steps  (22%)
[02:12:49] Completed 172500 out of 750000 steps  (23%)
[02:19:38] Completed 180000 out of 750000 steps  (24%)
[02:26:28] Completed 187500 out of 750000 steps  (25%)
[02:33:17] Completed 195000 out of 750000 steps  (26%)
[02:40:06] Completed 202500 out of 750000 steps  (27%)
[02:46:54] Completed 210000 out of 750000 steps  (28%)
[02:53:43] Completed 217500 out of 750000 steps  (29%)
[03:00:32] Completed 225000 out of 750000 steps  (30%)
[03:07:21] Completed 232500 out of 750000 steps  (31%)
[03:14:12] Completed 240000 out of 750000 steps  (32%)
[03:21:01] Completed 247500 out of 750000 steps  (33%)
[03:27:51] Completed 255000 out of 750000 steps  (34%)
[03:34:40] Completed 262500 out of 750000 steps  (35%)
[03:41:29] Completed 270000 out of 750000 steps  (36%)
[03:48:18] Completed 277500 out of 750000 steps  (37%)
[03:55:08] Completed 285000 out of 750000 steps  (38%)
[04:01:57] Completed 292500 out of 750000 steps  (39%)
[04:08:46] Completed 300000 out of 750000 steps  (40%)
[04:15:35] Completed 307500 out of 750000 steps  (41%)
[04:22:24] Completed 315000 out of 750000 steps  (42%)
[04:29:13] Completed 322500 out of 750000 steps  (43%)
[04:36:02] Completed 330000 out of 750000 steps  (44%)
[04:42:51] Completed 337500 out of 750000 steps  (45%)
[04:49:40] Completed 345000 out of 750000 steps  (46%)
[04:56:30] Completed 352500 out of 750000 steps  (47%)
[05:03:19] Completed 360000 out of 750000 steps  (48%)
[05:10:10] Completed 367500 out of 750000 steps  (49%)
[05:16:59] Completed 375000 out of 750000 steps  (50%)
[05:23:48] Completed 382500 out of 750000 steps  (51%)
[05:30:38] Completed 390000 out of 750000 steps  (52%)
[05:37:27] Completed 397500 out of 750000 steps  (53%)
[05:44:16] Completed 405000 out of 750000 steps  (54%)
[05:51:06] Completed 412500 out of 750000 steps  (55%)
[05:57:56] Completed 420000 out of 750000 steps  (56%)
[06:04:45] Completed 427500 out of 750000 steps  (57%)
[06:11:34] Completed 435000 out of 750000 steps  (58%)
[06:18:23] Completed 442500 out of 750000 steps  (59%)
[06:25:13] Completed 450000 out of 750000 steps  (60%)
[06:32:01] Completed 457500 out of 750000 steps  (61%)
[06:38:50] Completed 465000 out of 750000 steps  (62%)
[06:45:40] Completed 472500 out of 750000 steps  (63%)
[06:52:29] Completed 480000 out of 750000 steps  (64%)
[06:59:18] Completed 487500 out of 750000 steps  (65%)
[07:06:07] Completed 495000 out of 750000 steps  (66%)
[07:12:56] Completed 502500 out of 750000 steps  (67%)
[07:19:44] Completed 510000 out of 750000 steps  (68%)
[07:26:33] Completed 517500 out of 750000 steps  (69%)
[07:33:23] Completed 525000 out of 750000 steps  (70%)
[07:40:12] Completed 532500 out of 750000 steps  (71%)
[07:47:01] Completed 540000 out of 750000 steps  (72%)
[07:53:51] Completed 547500 out of 750000 steps  (73%)
[08:00:41] Completed 555000 out of 750000 steps  (74%)
[08:07:29] Completed 562500 out of 750000 steps  (75%)
[08:14:19] Completed 570000 out of 750000 steps  (76%)
[08:21:07] Completed 577500 out of 750000 steps  (77%)
[08:27:57] Completed 585000 out of 750000 steps  (78%)
[08:34:45] Completed 592500 out of 750000 steps  (79%)
[08:41:34] Completed 600000 out of 750000 steps  (80%)
[08:48:23] Completed 607500 out of 750000 steps  (81%)
[08:55:14] Completed 615000 out of 750000 steps  (82%)
[09:02:03] Completed 622500 out of 750000 steps  (83%)
[09:08:53] Completed 630000 out of 750000 steps  (84%)
[09:15:41] Completed 637500 out of 750000 steps  (85%)
[09:22:32] Completed 645000 out of 750000 steps  (86%)
[09:29:21] Completed 652500 out of 750000 steps  (87%)
[09:36:11] Completed 660000 out of 750000 steps  (88%)
[09:42:59] Completed 667500 out of 750000 steps  (89%)
[09:49:50] Completed 675000 out of 750000 steps  (90%)
[09:56:40] Completed 682500 out of 750000 steps  (91%)
[10:03:29] Completed 690000 out of 750000 steps  (92%)
[10:10:19] Completed 697500 out of 750000 steps  (93%)
[10:17:08] Completed 705000 out of 750000 steps  (94%)
[10:23:58] Completed 712500 out of 750000 steps  (95%)
[10:30:47] Completed 720000 out of 750000 steps  (96%)
[10:37:37] Completed 727500 out of 750000 steps  (97%)
[10:44:26] Completed 735000 out of 750000 steps  (98%)
[10:51:16] Completed 742500 out of 750000 steps  (99%)
[10:58:06] Completed 750000 out of 750000 steps  (100%)
[10:58:06] DynamicWrapper: Finished Work Unit: sleep=10000
[10:58:16] 
[10:58:16] Finished Work Unit:
[10:58:16] - Reading up to 1152288 from "work/wudata_02.trr": Read 1152288
[10:58:16] trr file hash check passed.
[10:58:16] - Reading up to 1093140 from "work/wudata_02.xtc": Read 1093140
[10:58:16] xtc file hash check passed.
[10:58:16] edr file hash check passed.
[10:58:16] logfile size: 132812
[10:58:16] Leaving Run
[10:58:18] - Writing 2486744 bytes of core data to disk...
[10:58:18] Done: 2486232 -> 2295952 (compressed to 92.3 percent)
[10:58:18]   ... Done.
[10:58:19] - Shutting down core
[10:58:19] 
[10:58:19] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FINISHED_UNIT
[10:58:23] CoreStatus = 64 (100)
[10:58:23] Sending work to server
[10:58:23] Project: 7200 (Run 70, Clone 5, Gen 78)

[10:58:23] + Attempting to send results [January 23 10:58:23 UTC]
[10:58:30] + Results successfully sent
[10:58:30] Thank you for your contribution to Folding@Home.
[10:58:30] + Number of Units Completed: 2

[10:58:35] + -oneunit flag given and have now finished a unit. Exiting.
Folding@Home Client Shutdown.
6.34 Uniprocessor running A4:

--- Opening Log file [March 16 18:46:15 UTC] 

# Windows CPU Console Edition #################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 6.23

http://folding.stanford.edu

Launch directory: E:\Folding\WorkingFiles\UNI-3
Executable: D:\F@H\UNI-Con\Folding@home-Win32-x86.exe
Arguments: -oneunit -verbosity 9 

[18:46:15] - Ask before connecting: No
[18:46:15] - User name: Amaruk (Team 50625)
[18:46:15] - User ID: 1E53CB2Axxxxxxxx
[18:46:15] - Machine ID: 14
[18:46:15] 
[18:46:15] Loaded queue successfully.
[18:46:15] + Processing work unit
[18:46:15] - Autosending finished units... [March 16 18:46:15 UTC]
[18:46:15] Core required: FahCore_a4.exe[18:46:15] Trying to send all finished work units

[18:46:15] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[18:46:15] - Autosend completed
[18:46:15] Core found.
[18:46:15] Working on queue slot 05 [March 16 18:46:15 UTC]
[18:46:15] + Working ...
[18:46:15] - Calling '.\FahCore_a4.exe -dir work/ -suffix 05 -checkpoint 15 -verbose -lifeline 128 -version 623'

[18:46:15] *------------------------------*
[18:46:15] Folding@Home Gromacs GB Core
[18:46:15] Version 2.27 (Dec. 15, 2010)
[18:46:15] Preparing to commence simulation
[18:46:15] - Looking at optimizations...
[18:46:15] - Files status OK
[18:46:15] - Expanded 84506 -> 100484 (decompressed 118.9 percent)
[18:46:15] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=84506 data_size=100484, decompressed_data_size=100484 diff=0
[18:46:15] - Digital signature verified
[18:46:15] Project: 10741 (Run 0, Clone 1996, Gen 3)
[18:46:15] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[18:46:15] Entering M.D.
[18:46:21] Using Gromacs checkpoints
[18:46:21] Mapping NT from 1 to 1 
[18:46:21] Resuming from checkpoint
[18:46:21] Verified work/wudata_05.log
[18:46:21] Verified work/wudata_05.trr
[18:46:21] Verified work/wudata_05.xtc
[18:46:21] Verified work/wudata_05.edr
[18:46:22] Completed 435109 out of 7000001 steps  (6%)
[20:05:15] Completed 490001 out of 7000001 steps  (7%)
[21:27:28] Completed 560001 out of 7000001 steps  (8%)
[23:07:19] Completed 630001 out of 7000001 steps  (9%)
[00:31:12] Completed 700001 out of 7000001 steps  (10%)
[00:46:15] - Autosending finished units... [March 17 00:46:15 UTC]
[00:46:15] Trying to send all finished work units
[00:46:15] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[00:46:15] - Autosend completed
[01:38:35] Completed 770001 out of 7000001 steps  (11%)
[03:08:03] Completed 840001 out of 7000001 steps  (12%)
[04:15:27] Completed 910001 out of 7000001 steps  (13%)
[05:22:40] Completed 980001 out of 7000001 steps  (14%)
[06:30:13] Completed 1050001 out of 7000001 steps  (15%)
[06:46:15] - Autosending finished units... [March 17 06:46:15 UTC]
[06:46:15] Trying to send all finished work units
[06:46:15] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[06:46:15] - Autosend completed
[07:44:46] Completed 1120001 out of 7000001 steps  (16%)
[08:52:16] Completed 1190001 out of 7000001 steps  (17%)
[10:02:11] Completed 1260001 out of 7000001 steps  (18%)
[11:14:14] Completed 1330001 out of 7000001 steps  (19%)
[12:21:30] Completed 1400001 out of 7000001 steps  (20%)
[12:46:15] - Autosending finished units... [March 17 12:46:15 UTC]
[12:46:15] Trying to send all finished work units
[12:46:15] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[12:46:15] - Autosend completed
[13:35:40] Completed 1470001 out of 7000001 steps  (21%)
[14:43:38] Completed 1540001 out of 7000001 steps  (22%)
[15:57:45] Completed 1610001 out of 7000001 steps  (23%)
[17:20:31] Completed 1680001 out of 7000001 steps  (24%)
[18:28:03] Completed 1750001 out of 7000001 steps  (25%)
[18:46:15] - Autosending finished units... [March 17 18:46:15 UTC]
[18:46:15] Trying to send all finished work units
[19:35:16] Completed 1820001 out of 7000001 steps  (26%)
[20:42:28] Completed 1890001 out of 7000001 steps  (27%)
[21:49:51] Completed 1960001 out of 7000001 steps  (28%)
[23:18:58] Completed 2030001 out of 7000001 steps  (29%)
[00:26:46] Completed 2100001 out of 7000001 steps  (30%)
[00:46:15] - Autosending finished units... [March 18 00:46:15 UTC]
[00:46:15] Trying to send all finished work units
[00:46:15] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[00:46:15] - Autosend completed
[01:45:43] Completed 2170001 out of 7000001 steps  (31%)
[03:03:28] Completed 2240001 out of 7000001 steps  (32%)
[04:11:54] Completed 2310001 out of 7000001 steps  (33%)
[05:40:20] Completed 2380001 out of 7000001 steps  (34%)
[06:46:15] - Autosending finished units... [March 18 06:46:15 UTC]
[06:46:15] Trying to send all finished work units
[06:46:15] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[06:46:15] - Autosend completed
[06:47:42] Completed 2450001 out of 7000001 steps  (35%)
[07:54:42] Completed 2520001 out of 7000001 steps  (36%)
[09:03:48] Completed 2590001 out of 7000001 steps  (37%)
[10:23:55] Completed 2660001 out of 7000001 steps  (38%)
[11:31:15] Completed 2730001 out of 7000001 steps  (39%)
[12:38:27] Completed 2800001 out of 7000001 steps  (40%)
[12:46:15] - Autosending finished units... [March 18 12:46:15 UTC]
[12:46:15] Trying to send all finished work units
[12:46:15] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[12:46:15] - Autosend completed
[13:45:45] Completed 2870001 out of 7000001 steps  (41%)
[14:53:14] Completed 2940001 out of 7000001 steps  (42%)
[16:08:57] Completed 3010001 out of 7000001 steps  (43%)
[17:35:28] Completed 3080001 out of 7000001 steps  (44%)
[18:46:15] - Autosending finished units... [March 18 18:46:15 UTC]
[18:46:15] Trying to send all finished work units
[19:11:13] Completed 3150001 out of 7000001 steps  (45%)
[20:52:16] Completed 3220001 out of 7000001 steps  (46%)
[22:32:39] Completed 3290001 out of 7000001 steps  (47%)
[00:13:23] Completed 3360001 out of 7000001 steps  (48%)
[00:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 19 00:46:09 UTC]
[00:46:09] Trying to send all finished work units
[00:46:09] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[00:46:09] - Autosend completed
[01:53:31] Completed 3430001 out of 7000001 steps  (49%)
[03:34:24] Completed 3500001 out of 7000001 steps  (50%)
[05:14:30] Completed 3570001 out of 7000001 steps  (51%)
[06:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 19 06:46:09 UTC]
[06:46:09] Trying to send all finished work units
[06:46:09] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[06:46:09] - Autosend completed
[06:55:24] Completed 3640001 out of 7000001 steps  (52%)
[08:35:28] Completed 3710001 out of 7000001 steps  (53%)
[10:16:25] Completed 3780001 out of 7000001 steps  (54%)
[11:56:01] Completed 3850001 out of 7000001 steps  (55%)
[12:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 19 12:46:09 UTC]
[12:46:09] Trying to send all finished work units
[12:46:09] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[12:46:09] - Autosend completed
[13:35:05] Completed 3920001 out of 7000001 steps  (56%)
[15:13:50] Completed 3990001 out of 7000001 steps  (57%)
[16:54:23] Completed 4060001 out of 7000001 steps  (58%)
[18:30:58] Completed 4130001 out of 7000001 steps  (59%)
[18:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 19 18:46:09 UTC]
[18:46:09] Trying to send all finished work units
[18:46:09] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[18:46:09] - Autosend completed
[19:09:58] Completed 4200001 out of 7000001 steps  (60%)
[19:55:16] Completed 4270001 out of 7000001 steps  (61%)
[21:03:22] Completed 4340001 out of 7000001 steps  (62%)
[22:14:50] Completed 4410001 out of 7000001 steps  (63%)
[23:39:18] Completed 4480001 out of 7000001 steps  (64%)
[00:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 20 00:46:09 UTC]
[01:20:38] Completed 4550001 out of 7000001 steps  (65%)
[03:01:56] Completed 4620001 out of 7000001 steps  (66%)
[04:43:27] Completed 4690001 out of 7000001 steps  (67%)
[06:24:50] Completed 4760001 out of 7000001 steps  (68%)
[06:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 20 06:46:09 UTC]
[08:06:04] Completed 4830001 out of 7000001 steps  (69%)
[09:47:21] Completed 4900001 out of 7000001 steps  (70%)
[11:26:44] Completed 4970001 out of 7000001 steps  (71%)
[12:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 20 12:46:09 UTC]
[13:05:57] Completed 5040001 out of 7000001 steps  (72%)
[14:45:31] Completed 5110001 out of 7000001 steps  (73%)
[16:24:47] Completed 5180001 out of 7000001 steps  (74%)
[18:04:13] Completed 5250001 out of 7000001 steps  (75%)
[18:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 20 18:46:09 UTC]
[19:43:15] Completed 5320001 out of 7000001 steps  (76%)
[21:22:50] Completed 5390001 out of 7000001 steps  (77%)
[23:03:16] Completed 5460001 out of 7000001 steps  (78%)
[00:44:10] Completed 5530001 out of 7000001 steps  (79%)
[00:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 21 00:46:09 UTC]
[02:24:46] Completed 5600001 out of 7000001 steps  (80%)
[04:05:53] Completed 5670001 out of 7000001 steps  (81%)
[05:26:25] Completed 5740001 out of 7000001 steps  (82%)
[06:02:29] Completed 5810001 out of 7000001 steps  (83%)
[06:38:35] Completed 5880001 out of 7000001 steps  (84%)
[06:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 21 06:46:09 UTC]
[07:14:41] Completed 5950001 out of 7000001 steps  (85%)
[07:55:22] Completed 6020001 out of 7000001 steps  (86%)
[09:02:14] Completed 6090001 out of 7000001 steps  (87%)
[10:43:28] Completed 6160001 out of 7000001 steps  (88%)
[12:24:01] Completed 6230001 out of 7000001 steps  (89%)
[12:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 21 12:46:09 UTC]
[14:05:15] Completed 6300001 out of 7000001 steps  (90%)
[15:45:53] Completed 6370001 out of 7000001 steps  (91%)
[17:27:00] Completed 6440001 out of 7000001 steps  (92%)
[18:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 21 18:46:09 UTC]
[19:07:30] Completed 6510001 out of 7000001 steps  (93%)
[20:48:50] Completed 6580001 out of 7000001 steps  (94%)
[22:29:15] Completed 6650001 out of 7000001 steps  (95%)
[00:04:09] Completed 6720001 out of 7000001 steps  (96%)
[00:46:09] - Autosending finished units... [March 22 00:46:09 UTC]
[01:12:44] Completed 6790001 out of 7000001 steps  (97%)
[02:16:02] Completed 6860001 out of 7000001 steps  (98%)
[03:57:18] Completed 6930001 out of 7000001 steps  (99%)
[05:37:54] Completed 7000001 out of 7000001 steps  (100%)
[05:37:54] DynamicWrapper: Finished Work Unit: sleep=10000
[05:38:04] 
[05:38:04] Finished Work Unit:
[05:38:04] - Reading up to 1818120 from "work/wudata_05.trr": Read 1818120
[05:38:05] trr file hash check passed.
[05:38:05] - Reading up to 168556 from "work/wudata_05.xtc": Read 168556
[05:38:05] xtc file hash check passed.
[05:38:05] edr file hash check passed.
[05:38:05] logfile size: 63474
[05:38:05] Leaving Run
[05:38:07] - Writing 2059762 bytes of core data to disk...
[05:38:08] Done: 2059250 -> 1896027 (compressed to 92.0 percent)
[05:38:08]   ... Done.
[05:38:09] - Shutting down core
[05:38:09] 
[05:38:09] Folding@home Core Shutdown: FINISHED_UNIT
[05:38:11] CoreStatus = 64 (100)
[05:38:11] Unit 5 finished with 73 percent of time to deadline remaining.
[05:38:11] Updated performance fraction: 0.922933
[05:38:11] Sending work to server
[05:38:11] Project: 10741 (Run 0, Clone 1996, Gen 3)

[05:38:11] + Attempting to send results [March 22 05:38:11 UTC]
[05:38:11] - Reading file work/wuresults_05.dat from core
[05:38:11]   (Read 1896539 bytes from disk)
[05:38:11] Connecting to http://171.67.108.42:8080/
[05:38:16] Posted data.
[05:38:16] Initial: 0000; - Uploaded at ~370 kB/s
[05:38:16] - Averaged speed for that direction ~296 kB/s
[05:38:16] + Results successfully sent
[05:38:16] Thank you for your contribution to Folding@Home.
[05:38:16] + Number of Units Completed: 173

[05:38:20] Trying to send all finished work units
[05:38:20] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[05:38:20] + -oneunit flag given and have now finished a unit. Exiting.***** Got a SIGTERM signal (2)
[05:38:20] Killing all core threads

Folding@Home Client Shutdown.
Regarding UNI slots, I have a V7 client with 2 of them + 4 GPU slots. When I updated to 0.9.0 the GPU slots track percentage/PPD fine, but the UNI slots do not.

Is this because HFM has to wait for a few new frames to be completed in order to guage progress?

Monitoring of my other V7 client (SMP) is working fine.

Excellent work! :biggrin:
harlam357

Post by harlam357 »

Ah, logs!!!! Excellent!!! :)
Amaruk wrote:Regarding UNI slots, I have a V7 client with 2 of them + 4 GPU slots. When I updated to 0.9.0 the GPU slots track percentage/PPD fine, but the UNI slots do not.

Is this because HFM has to wait for a few new frames to be completed in order to guage progress?

Monitoring of my other V7 client (SMP) is working fine.

Excellent work! :biggrin:
Are the Uniprocessor slots showing up as Uniprocessor in the Slot Type column?

Do you see anything like this in the Messages Window (F7) or the HFM.log file (Help Menu).
[3/22/2012-7:29:14 PM] ! (Windows - Test Workstation Slot 00) Could not find log section for slot 0. Cannot update frame data for this slot.
There is likely a speed issue with retrieving the entire log file from the client... possibly my issue. Still looking into it. So, if you're seeing anything like the above it just means that HFM knows the WU that is in progress but it cannot find the matching log entry... it just may take a bit for the full log to be retrieved and things should start to get a reading. If they don't I'm going to want to see your HFM.log file myself. As it stands I believe Uniprocessor clients/slots are the least tested. However, data is data and logs are logs... it really shouldn't matter if it's Uniprocessor or SMP.
Ravage7779

Post by Ravage7779 »

Love it!
Get more Mac OS X folding help from the friendly experts @ http://www.foldingathome.org/index.html