FAH researching more diseases

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Jonazz

FAH researching more diseases

Post by Jonazz »

I've read the diseases page today and I noticed that last year two new diseases were added to the project (Chagas and Malaria). I was wondering, are you planning to add more and more diseases as computional power grows or using more resources on the same diseases? If you're planning on adding new diseases for research, which ones are the most likely to be chosen?

Also, I've noticed that quite some projects involve the flu and some papers have also been written on the flu, but influenza isn't mentioned on the diseaes page. Why is this?
Ivoshiee
Site Moderator

Re: FAH researching more diseases

Post by Ivoshiee »

I am not from the PG and can not answer it fully, but as much I've read:
1. Models running on FAH must be relevant to the disease under study;
2. The PG members or associates should have relevant abilities related to that disease.

Both those constraints can and will be tackled over time and thus more related diseases or conditions are going to get FAH time.
McRobert

Post by McRobert »

Hello.
I can't find any significant info about diabetes type 2 in FAH, except few projects that already aren't active. Are there some works with this desease now or not?
Jesse_V
Site Moderator
Hardware configuration: OS: Windows 10, Kubuntu 19.04
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: GTX 970, GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 24 GB DDR4

Post by Jesse_V »

To my knowledge, not. But I'm not part of PG. Most of my SMP projects have been about how influenza recognizes and infects cells, but I wish they would go into more detail...
F@h is now the top computing platform on the planet and nothing unites people like a dedicated fight against a common enemy. This virus affects all of us. Lets end it together.
7im
Hardware configuration: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR3-2133 Corsair Vengence (black/red), EVGA GTX 760 @ 1200 MHz, on an Asus Maximus VI Hero MB (black/red), in a blacked out Antec P280 Tower, with a Xigmatek Night Hawk (black) HSF, Seasonic 760w Platinum (black case, sleeves, wires), 4 SilenX 120mm Case fans with silicon fan gaskets and silicon mounts (all black), a 512GB Samsung SSD (black), and a 2TB Black Western Digital HD (silver/black).

Post by 7im »

Hello McRobert, welcome to the forum.

xhuang just released 2 new projects dealing with Type 2 research to beta testing July 14th, 2011. You can read about it in the beta forum.

Hopefully, they will add a Diabetes section to the Diseases Studied FAQ soon.
How to provide enough information to get helpful support
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
McRobert

Post by McRobert »

7im
Thanks, it will serve.