Can I have my points pretty please ?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

MtM
Hardware configuration: Q6600 - 8gb - p5q deluxe - gtx275 - hd4350 ( not folding ) win7 x64 - smp:4 - gpu slot
E6600 - 4gb - p5wdh deluxe - 9600gt - 9600gso - win7 x64 - smp:2 - 2 gpu slots
E2160 - 2gb - ?? - onboard gpu - win7 x32 - 2 uniprocessor slots
T5450 - 4gb - ?? - 8600M GT 512 ( DDR2 ) - win7 x64 - smp:2 - gpu slot

Re: Can I have my points pretty please ?

Post by MtM »

road-runner wrote:I often wonder just how much work is lost we do not hear about and have to redo, I lost several thousands points but I am used to missing points been doing this a little bit...
I think none. Points do not equal work. The wu's were not lost acording to Stanford. Offcourse if you want to start the whole conspiracy thing again feel free to be as paranoid as you want. Though, I can see why it's not unthinkable, the pr would be disastrous, but as long as there is no proof in any way shape or kind, we got to trust the information given to us shouldn't we?
Viper666

Re: Can I have my points pretty please ?

Post by Viper666 »

MtM wrote:
road-runner wrote:I often wonder just how much work is lost we do not hear about and have to redo, I lost several thousands points but I am used to missing points been doing this a little bit...
I think none. Points do not equal work. The wu's were not lost acording to Stanford. Offcourse if you want to start the whole conspiracy thing again feel free to be as paranoid as you want. Though, I can see why it's not unthinkable, the pr would be disastrous, but as long as there is no proof in any way shape or kind, we got to trust the information given to us shouldn't we?
Like the new stat servers that were coming 2.5 years ago so this wouldnt happen again? " the pr would be disastrous" exactly they wouldnt say if they did !I think road runner has been around longer than me!So hes heard it all and then some !

"Several noted after the points fiasco that the project was poorly-run and we have not seen them since" Well the project did grow way faster than they thought it would,but they kinda created it themselves.We had issues with servers when the smp got going real good a few weeks later PS3 went online and thats when they got in trouble.I dont have a clue how many 1000's of Ps3's went online,but way more than they were ready for Im guessing.Things havent been the same since.My team is now half the people it was then!
ImageImage