Simulating Drug interactions with Proteins?

Moderators: Site Moderators, FAHC Science Team

Cheetos

Re: Simulating Drug interactions with Proteins?

Post by Cheetos »

Sorry for digging this toppic..

Some guys at other forum are anooying us, saying that F@H has partnerships with pharmaceutical industries and that you're using people to get the results and than sale it.
Thanks to this toppic I know that it's rubbish, but this toppic here gave me some doubts.

This drugs you're testing are based on QSAR/SAR, third party results, drug databases (i.e. ZINC) or you're creating and testing molecules ?

Hope to see this results soon :)

Cheers.
Lab QF FCFRP-USP team (143202)
Clube do Hardware team (148894)
spazzychalk

Post by spazzychalk »

i think its theyre creating and testing their own molecules. back in december they announced some possible drugs for AD they invented.

http://folding.typepad.com/news/2008/12 ... ented.html

for all i know we could be folding simulations of it right now??
bruce

Post by bruce »

Send this link to your naysayer friends: http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=10884

The study of influenza has real-time implications for H5N1. It's a study of the interaction of the virus with the surface of the respiratory tract. Clearly it is NOT a development that would be funded/published by a drug company. It's pure science one level more basic that the development/testing of a specific drug. It is valuable information which will enable any drug company to bring a useful drug to market more quickly but does nothing that would give a competitive advantage to any single company.

If your favorite drug company can develop a drug which blocks the virus from binding to the complex sugar molecules studied in the report, it can potentially block the viral infection. Then your company will need to demonstrate that the drug is effective and that the side effects are manageable . . . before some other drug company can do the same with their competitive drug that works (better?).